Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tight lines on the Glaize

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tight lines on the Glaize

Spent a couple of hours solo on the Gr. Glaize this afternoon........found them stacked up pretty good on brushpiles on the lower end. Ended up with a nice limit......released a few more. Bite was different depending on how you fished.........long pole dipping, they hammered it pretty good. Cast and retrieve over the top of the pile and you felt absolutely nothing.......had to watch the line close and just barely see line start to tighten, yank and fish on......no telling how many bites I missed before I finally figured that out. Caught more casting though. Was using a jig that I had never used before........a "paddletail" (my name for it) grub made by Slider......the action is exceptional on these things. All white body with a chartruese "paddle" was the only color they seemed to want......tried other color combos and not much action, but the white/chartruese they really liked today. Perfect day, though a little windy at times. I'll try to post a pic of the jig......never seen them before, picked up a few packs at last weeks KC Sports Show just for the heck of it, glad I did.

Good fishing all.
    We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got out and found some. Same bite with us also. It took time to figure out to. Shoot those pictures over.

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like a nice day out ,glad to see you posting again

A gun, like any other source of power, is a force for either good or evil, being neither in itself, but dependent upon those who possess it
    From an old movie I saw

Post Thanks / Like

glad you got into them, good job

Post Thanks / Like

WTG. good job figuring them out.

Post Thanks / Like

nice work, that casting over the brush can be a lot of fun, about the only way I ever fish brush, dippin it ain't my thang. congrats on the day

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report, I have to fish that arm some day.

Post Thanks / Like

You can get those exact Sliders at Van Hooks in Camdenton, that is if I haven't bought every pack. I love those sliders and that color especially. Van Hooks is off of old Hwy 5 towards the Bridal Cave turn off. You can get 100 minnow for 6 bucks there too. Nice report, going to have to get out soon.
    New goal 16" crappie by December 30

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LSL Angler View Post
    Shoot those pictures over.
    Here is a picture of the "paddletail" Sliders......the "paddle" makes for great back and forth action. The only color combo that I didn't get, but really want as it is one of my favorites, is lime/chartruese. Looks like a trip to Camdenton is in my near future. I hope the quality of the pic is ok.....it is as good as a cell phone can provide.

Name:  Sliders.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  50.1 KB

I have to fish that arm some day.
    Bigby, I recommend it......we have been trying to figure out the Glaize for the past couple of years and really enjoy fishing it. It is a beautiful body of water.......fish or no fish, we just enjoy spending time on that section of the lake.

Good fishing all.
    We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast