Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Pearl?

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pearl?

I have some colors of PP that are pearl and without pearl. One is a pearl yellow that is smokin hot. Is there a pearl that I can add to colors to get say, pearl red or whatever? Thanx.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Mica powder gives somewhat of a pearl look. A little of the color shift quality and a little of a metallic finish. Can add it to any color - just do so sparingly or the base color you started with is significantly changed. Expensive but worth it IMO. The hi-lite powder used in plastic pouring can be used also, just mix it with clear powder paint.
    Official Jig Club member: Secret Society of Jig Tyers
    First rule of the Jig Club, don't talk about Jig Club.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skeetbum View Post
    I have some colors of PP that are pearl and without pearl. One is a pearl yellow that is smokin hot. Is there a pearl that I can add to colors to get say, pearl red or whatever? Thanx.
    Hey Skeetbum, I mixed a deep or dark blue with white pearl and ended up with a great blue pearl. I didn't like it at first, but after using it I changed my mind. I also like yellow chartreuse base coat and a "2-tone" dip in white pearl. It really blends together well when curing. A white pearl base seems to make red "pop" a lot more. I also like white pearl base pp with many different fluorescent liquids, kinda gives it a silky look and a paint job that you could drag behind your car.
    All lakes raise a foot when I step in the boat