Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: My new 858c HD DI

Post Thanks / Like

Default My new 858c HD DI

Went out today to a new lake to play with my new 858 mounted on trolling motor, right off the bat, I started marking fish (sorry for the quality, forgot to take a sd card out with me).
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 930
Size:  90.9 KB
    I immediately throw out some markers in a 50-60 foot area, set out four poles, and start catching fish,
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 752
Size:  55.4 KB
    Not exactly what I was targeting, but they made for a fun afternoon. Hopefully I can find the crappie tomorrow!

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool...

What palette color is the DI ...??

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

Nice screen pict. I always enjoy pict like this

Post Thanks / Like

It was the default, I believe it's amber 1. I didn't play with it as much as I wanted to, but so far, I really like the unit. Good lower price option for trolling motor vs. a SI/DI combo. I love my 998 at the console, but once I move up front to fish, the DI seems like it is going to do what I need it too, and rotating trolling motor didn't seem to mess with the image at all. For you guys looking at a 798, consider an 858 DI for up front!

Post Thanks / Like

Went back to the same spot today, never found the crappie, but the bass were still pretty stacked up. Smaller groups but still there, so I played. Dropped a line with two 1/8 oz jigs and 2 inch beavertails. Increased sensitivity on the 2d until I could track the two jigs. I could move over a group of fish laying right at the bottom with my jigs about a foot above them, and could actually watch a bright signal move up and bam, fish on. First time I have ever got to do this. I've always had a fish finder up front, but never played with them enough to see my jigs and then actually see a strike. Simply amazing. I guess everyone else has done this and I just never experimented enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Always fun playing with new toys. That's neat that you could see your jig and the fish bite.