Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quick limit on the Grand

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Quick limit on the Grand

Finally got around this morning and headed to Bucksaw. Stopped and talked with Slayer and his buddy along the bluffs. I ran on up a few miles and fished the outside trees along a channel swing. It was pretty fast and furious. Found that the clusters of trees were holding the shad and the crappie. I caught them double jigging with Silver Glitter/Chart and Red Glitter/Chart. Mid South tubes. I could have had a limit in the first half hour. Mostly 9 1/2"-11" fish but they were loaded with shad. Looked like they were ready to spawn thier bellies were so full. OneBadChampion seen me on his way up river and pulled in and fished and BS'ed with me. Ended up keeping a limit dropped them off to a buddy on my way back down river. Was a little windy but temps were not to bad and the fishing being good sure helps take the mind off the cold and wind. Looks like the temps are going to drop off again this coming week. Hopefully it will not freeze up before I can get out again.

Post Thanks / Like

nice report, sounds like a banner day on the grand, hope to get up there next week, after monday, temps go back up, and wind goes down,, I hope

Post Thanks / Like

Beagle I started on your favorite cedar tree. Probably could have finished a limit off of it but moved on down to try and find some bigger fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Quick limit on the Grand

Sounds like fun
    Congrats on the catch

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got into them, going to try and go tomorrow, going to be colder but light winds.

Post Thanks / Like

They will be right were you left them Brian.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on a good morning and a good report......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Great report Jared, glad ya got into em. Might just see ya tomorrow Brian.

Post Thanks / Like

Jerky Log most all of these fish could have been caught rigging. I actually think two guys could not keep up with 6 rods rigging in this area right now. At times 4 rods would be to much. If you get over the shad you could not get a bait in the water fast enough. One after another.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jigging15 View Post
    Jerky Log most all of these fish could have been caught rigging. I actually think two guys could not keep up with 6 rods rigging in this area right now. At times 4 rods would be to much. If you get over the shad you could not get a bait in the water fast enough. One after another.
    We were down by the dam Thur, rigged some up and dipped some up. Gotta be on the shad though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast