Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I am in trouble but it was worth it/Picture included

Post Thanks / Like

Default I am in trouble but it was worth it/Picture included

As you know I sold my house and have to be out Thursday of this week.
    I got up 5 am Saturday and moved all day tell 11 pm.
    Got up 5 am Sunday moved until noon and here is where the trouble comes went fishing from noon to 6pm.
    My wife is real happy with me.
    Any way my 5 year old went with me.
    He caught a 14 ounce a 1.2 # and the picture 2.41# he and I will remember it for the rest of our life’s.

He convinced me to use my 10' long rod so as most dad's I did and told him dip around the trees.
    He promptly replied "Dad I have been watching you do this for many years now I know how to do it you put it where you have the hardest time getting the fish back out".

I said that’s right thinking ok I might as well get the jigs and lures out because we are going to be tying them on.
    I couple seconds go by "Dad I have something" I thought ya the tree turned around it was the 1.2#.
    He then told me "Dad move the boat back where it was" as we had drifted a little.
    So after getting the boat back in position for him I go back to setting my 12’ long rod up so I can fish to.
    Again "Dad I have a big one" I turned around pole bent way over and not moving thought ya now he is hung I said ok you are hung let me help " no Dad look down" and hung on a branch was the 2.41# that the picture is of.
    Last edited by gonefishingee; 12-04-2006 at 08:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet!
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Congrarts gee looks like I could take a few lesson from you and your boy.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

The funniest thing is I wanted to keep it and have it mounted he said no Dad that freaks me out it will give me nightmares.
    So he gave it to our neighbor who cleans and eats all our fish that I do not have room for.

The neighbor ended up driving to all his buddies houses showing the fish off.
    Man I wanted to take it back and have it mounted.
    I still this morning can not believe he talked me into given it away.

stupid stupid stupid

Post Thanks / Like

Good job gee and good job for your boy! Thats a nice fish. If it was me I wasnt going to mount I would of at least returned back to the water to be caught another day. But you did the right thing in taking picture of it. Becuase then he will never forget it.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

man gee what a story one happy kid n dad too. the fish will forever be mounted in your memorie. hope you get settled soom movin is a bi--- huh especially with no where to go . luck

beagle man.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool story........... if you got good pictures and measurements, you can still have a mount made, or get one that is carved from wood. I can give you the name of a guy if you would like. Since it's wood and not a "real" fish maybe he would go for that. But you still got your mental picture and the grin on his face anyway!

Heck the wife will get over the mad............ memories like that will always be there!

Congratulations.............. on starting a new partner out!

john
    Chuck the aggrivating stuff.......... Just go Fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to your boy, gee. Nice fish, great story and a great dad for honoring his wishes. And as John said, you can always have a reproduction made if he changes his mind later...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

Now thats what its all about that little guy has got himself a good start.Sounds like your neighbor was as proud of that hog as you guys were,i'm sure he will put it to good use.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TAE73
    Good job gee and good job for your boy! Thats a nice fish. If it was me I wasnt going to mount I would of at least returned back to the water to be caught another day. But you did the right thing in taking picture of it. Becuase then he will never forget it.
    I wanted to leave it but I did not have a camera other than my phone and I had left my good scale at home.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast