Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Extreme Fishing Concepts rod holder mounts

Post Thanks / Like

Default Extreme Fishing Concepts rod holder mounts

Hello,
    I have been looking for a spider rigging rod holder that I can mount without drilling holes in my boat. The Extreme Fishing Concepts mounting base really appeals to me but I would like to use Hi-Tek rod racks and it appears that the Extreme Fishing Concepts does not accommodate these racks. Do any of you know of a similar mounting base that will accommodate the Hi-Tek racks?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

ccm

RogerA is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

If you will give Scott a call at Hi-Tek he will help you figure something out. He may be able to make you something that will work. He designs and makes all his own products and is very good at what he does.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Maynard from Extreme Fishing Concepts is a member here as well so between the two of them I'd say you'd have the ideal setup for your boat. I have two of the bass boat bases for the driftmasters on my stern cleats that I have had ZERO issues with. EFC makes a quality product and so does Hi-Tek because I have two of Scott's holders mounted to my front casting deck.

Post Thanks / Like

Tried efc on my new triton couldnt get mounts tight enough they kept moving and damaged my cleats i went to no drill mounts from cumberland crappie rods and love ccr no drill mounts

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ccm View Post
    Hello,
    I have been looking for a spider rigging rod holder that I can mount without drilling holes in my boat. The Extreme Fishing Concepts mounting base really appeals to me but I would like to use Hi-Tek rod racks and it appears that the Extreme Fishing Concepts does not accommodate these racks. Do any of you know of a similar mounting base that will accommodate the Hi-Tek racks?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

ccm
    If you are wanting to use the EFC bases I am sure I can accomodate some mounting on my holders. I am not really sure exactly how this base works or what it looks like but pretty sure I could come up with something.

I could probably build a similar base but I am not into copying someone's product like others are. I would prefer the base be purchased from EFC and I make modification to my product to fit your need.
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by callshy View Post
    If you are wanting to use the EFC bases I am sure I can accomodate some mounting on my holders. I am not really sure exactly how this base works or what it looks like but pretty sure I could come up with something.

I could probably build a similar base but I am not into copying someone's product like others are. I would prefer the base be purchased from EFC and I make modification to my product to fit your need.
    I have purchased the EFC bases and had them drop shipped to Scott. I will let everybody know how the modification works out.

ccm

Post Thanks / Like

You wont be happy cause you probably dont have any cleats on the front of the boat. Maybe you could get Scott to make an offset upright to move the holder closer to the front

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

Now that I thought about it, You could offset the upright and add a little adjustable foot that came down to the deck or gunnel to make them solid. Put one of them crutch leg rubbers on it to protect the gunnel. If I knew how to draw on here I could show you alot easier. Scott will know what im saying.

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ccm View Post
    I have purchased the EFC bases and had them drop shipped to Scott. I will let everybody know how the modification works out.

ccm
    Should have it together this afternoon. I will send some pics if you send me an email ([email protected]) that way you can see if you like before I ship.
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle