Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crappie World Mag on E-Bay

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie World Mag on E-Bay

I did a search on E-Bay and found Crappie World subscriptions for as low as 12.95 for 2 years. (Buy-it-now option)
    Anyone here ever subscribed through the E-Bay auctions? The feedback rating was good.
    Also, after checking other sites in the Internet, I see some of them say Crappie World puts out 4 issues a year, while others say 6. WHich is it?
    ANy other opinions as to best way to subscribe?
    THanks.

Post Thanks / Like

I subscribed to Crappie world and received one magazine and never got another one. I tried emailing them and never got a response.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jcass
    I did a search on E-Bay and found Crappie World subscriptions for as low as 12.95 for 2 years. (Buy-it-now option)
    Anyone here ever subscribed through the E-Bay auctions? The feedback rating was good.
    Also, after checking other sites in the Internet, I see some of them say Crappie World puts out 4 issues a year, while others say 6. WHich is it?
    THanks.
    What was too good to be true was just that for me. The guy used to offer 4 yrs of Crappie World for like 11.97. It took me over 3 months to get my money back, and that would have never happened if I wouldn't have paid by PayPal. Buyer beware.

<,"}/>{ Rippa
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

Post Thanks / Like

THanks.
    I did this back in August 04 and still have not gotten the first mag.
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

Man, I am I glad I posted this. I was going to give it a try.
    How can they have such a high rating?
    THanks very much for the warning.
    Last edited by jcass; 12-02-2004 at 12:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down From the hands of many sheep, I once was one!

Man, I am I glad I posted this. I was going to give it a try.
    How can the have such a high rating?
    THanks very much for the warning.
    Some mega listing ebayer's get fast positive feed back the way the guy that scammed me did. They advise that it will take 1-3 months before your 1st issue will arrive. the buyer then posts positive feed back pre-maturely. Once the seller starts getting complaints posted against them on Ebay, they drop their sign on name and start back over. Sucks, but that is what goes on sometimes.

<,"}/>{ Rippa

Post Thanks / Like

Default Subscription Blues

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker
    I subscribed to Crappie world and received one magazine and never got another one. I tried emailing them and never got a response.
    I subscribed once about 3 years ago for a year and still getting them. I always write a check and never use a card. If you do, magazines will auto-resubscribe you and charge your card. I get a new subscription notice every month and I just throw it in the trash, but the magazine keeps coming. When it does finally stop, I think I'll just buy it when I want off the newstand. Unsolicited periodicals are free. It's funny how people run business and preach service when in reality all they want is your money and provide nothing. I'm sure they'd do better business if they did business. If we treated our newspaper subscribers that way, I'd be looking for a new job.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Default E-Bay

I got a Fishing Facts subscription off Ebay, and it came thru right away. I dealt with a woman, I forget her name but she e-mailed me at a later date to see if I got the magazine. Seemed whoever she dealt with pulled a fast one and scamed her. She was refunding people's money who didn't get their subscription, but mine came thru okay. I seem to remember her name as Elena or something like that. If that's who selling Crappie World, I'd trust her myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie World

I just did a Crappie World search on Ebay. There was one seller there, ( Around The Clock Bargains) and the ladies name is Elena Hume. She has over 16,000 sales, with a 98.% positive rating. I can vouch for her and she's been selling on Ebay since 1998 I think. Other's haven't been selling near as long as she has.
    Last edited by Shellback; 12-02-2004 at 02:04 PM. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb I thought I'd better name names to avoid hurting the innocent!

The person I was semi-burned by's name was Tony. I do not recall his last name, but it was of Asian origin. I know for sure that he duped Ebay by changing his seller's name because he later corresponded with me using the same personal Email address that his "new" squeaky clean Ebay ID name was using as well. The 1st couple of contacts to him, went to a similar, but different email address.

I personally have 3 email addresses myself, but I usually just use 2. I only do this to keep the spam off of my work Email. It also protects me from as many virus threats as well.

Sounds like that other seller may be a worthy provider for you. Best of luck to you if you do order.

<,"}/>{Rippa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast