Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Upgrading my boat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Upgrading my boat

Looking at 3 different brands of boats to purchase within the next 2 months.

BassTracker 175
    Xpress
    G3

Would like to hear opinions (positive & negative) about each of the boats. Wanting to get the best bang for my buck. Looking to spend 10,000-14,000 for the boat. Thanks and I'll shut up and listen

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Take a look at SeaArk and also War Eagle. Probably need to plan on spending a little more but you will be glad that you did.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Willy12066 View Post
    Looking at 3 different brands of boats to purchase within the next 2 months.

BassTracker 175
    Xpress
    G3

Would like to hear opinions (positive & negative) about each of the boats. Wanting to get the best bang for my buck. Looking to spend 10,000-14,000 for the boat. Thanks and I'll shut up and listen
    If all you have in mind, so far, is brand :

Consider which brand motor you can get with each, also !! (if you have a preference)

You might also consider what reputable marine dept is closest to you, with good mechanics.

Don't take a bargain package/price, if it means underpowering the boat. It doesn't have to be a rocket sled, but it will perform better & more economically if it has sufficient horsepower.

Consider how & where you will fish from your boat ... choose the one that has the layout that allows you to fish "your" way.

Consider checking out some of the "gently used" boats that show up on the Classifieds forum, also. Watch for Boat Shows, too, as they sometimes offer good deals.

I'm not going to offer any recommendations on any of the alum boats mentioned so far, as I've only owned fiberglass boats.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I have had a lot of boats from 20' z520 rangers to 12' no name v bottom to old wooden Jon but now I have a war eagle and love it will do everything I want of it and more but they are far and few of them used out there. But like they have said depends where you want to fish and what size boat you want. But main thing is don't underpowered it because you won't be happy try to get close to max size on motor then you do not need to run it so hard and your setup will last longer and get better gas milage and if the weather gets bad you be able to get to shelter a little faster.

Post Thanks / Like

comfort, sit in each one, walk around in it, have someone stand in it and see how easy you can walk around them, storage, how many extras you need just to name a few of the things i would look for.
    Lets go soak a line. Pat

Post Thanks / Like

Stability, running and at rest, to me is the most important thing. I won't have a boat that wobbles and wiggles under me. I had two friends with me in a 17-5 aluminum Fisher boat and every time either of of the other two shifted around in the boat, it would tend to list to that side. Not for me..

Post Thanks / Like

I am in the same scenario except I am only looking at Xpress boats and trying to decide between getting an xpress or going fiberglass. Xpress is the "Ranger" of aluminum boats. They have wider beams, and the Hyperlift hulls on the H and X models and supposed to be light years ahaed of the other aluminum brands for handling. The Xpress has 95" beams compared to an 89" beam on a 175 Tracker, and a 92" beam on a G3 Talon.....this gives you more room and stability. JMO, War Eagle and Sea Ark are also great from what I have heard but they are also not as wide. But the hull of a Xpress is what seperates them for me..........
    ,,,,,,,-------,,7777777,,,,,........99999...........www.catchcarolina.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Upgrading my boat

Do not leave out F and F i see your from Ark and thats were there bulit and will build the lay out and size you want. That way you get excatly what you want. Handi on Ark board has one and Torch on Ms board they are bulit like tanls
    TOO MANY IDIOTS TO FEW BULLETS

Post Thanks / Like

I just sold my 2012 Express I just got last year. 18pfc. Had a 115 yamaha. Now that I sold it Im not so sure I did the right thing.
    I thought I am getting another glass bass boat but now that I sold it I havent spent for glass. Express is very nice and rides great. I am sure new owner will be extremely happy especially all the money he saved and I lost. He is a great guy and Im going to hook up with him down in texas and fish with him.
    I need to buy but cant seem to decide to just get a Ranger bass boat or get another xpress and hit myself in the head for selling what I had and losing almost 9k. Life goes. Worth your money to look hard at Xpress

Post Thanks / Like

Blakemore/Roadrunner pro staff
    Southern Pro Tackle/ Pro Staff
    Driftmaster Rodholders
    Ranger Boats

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast