Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: T-ville last night

Post Thanks / Like

Default T-ville last night

We fished from dark until around 1 and only had about 10 keepers with at least 3 times that many throwbacks. We were fishing a creek mouth in 35 ft of water, catching most of the fish 8 - 12 ft deep on minnows. Just can't seem to catch any size on T-ville this year. Hope everyone else is doing better than we are.

Take care,
    Greenfish

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Thanks for the report ......

Quote Originally Posted by GREENFISH
    We fished from dark until around 1 and only had about 10 keepers with at least 3 times that many throwbacks. We were fishing a creek mouth in 35 ft of water, catching most of the fish 8 - 12 ft deep on minnows. Just can't seem to catch any size on T-ville this year. Hope everyone else is doing better than we are.

Take care,
    Greenfish

I haven't been to T-ville this year, so I'd only be speculating about what's happened to the larger fish .... but, at least we can rest assured that upcoming years should be productive.
    8-12ft deep seems to be the norm for most of the year, at Taylorsville ... or at least the norm for depth patterns during most of the months that I used to go there.
    Did you try jigs at all ?? Vertical jigging, Vertical Casting, or swimming a "popeye" jig or 1/16oz marabou jig might cut down on the cost of minnows ... and may produce equally well. Next time you nightstalk T-ville, would you give it a try and report your results ? It would be interesting to know if T-ville Crappie are as susceptible to jigs after dark, as they are in the wee hours of the morning or shady banks during the day. ....... luck2ya ... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Hey CP,
    I did not try jigs at all. Honestly, I didn't feel like tying one on after dark. I love vertical fishing jigs during the day at Tville, but I'm still getting used to nightstalking and trying to build confidence in it.
    About that 8 -12ft range on Tville, that's always been the best starting depth any time of year for me. It may be a while before I get back to the lake but I'll post my results when I do.

Take care,
    Greenfish