Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: River jumping

Post Thanks / Like

Default River jumping

I just got off the phone with Mark at Chotard Landing. Nobody has been fishing due to the weather this week so no fishing reports. There may be some later today. I'm showing the river jumping two feet or more a day. That can make it tough in Chotard but the fish in Albermarle will still bite some because the inflow is controlled by the ditch. The same can be true of Tennesee. If you try Albermarle, go fish in front of the camps first, then work your way back. Usually, the new river water puts the fish near the bottom but not always. No reports for Eagle either but they are considering letting some water out next week if Steele Bayou drops below the Eagle level. So the piers that where too shallow last month may be just fine now that the water has risen. I wish I had a few "where and what" reports for you , but the weather here has been awfull all week. The minute I hear something I will let you know or give me a call if you just want to know where the "community holes" are on any of the lakes.

See you Saturday, "my daughter has a ballgame friday night"

Ken

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be there bout 6 in the morning Ken. Bells and whistles on at Eagle. HOPE like heck my boat works THIS TIME. Went over about a month ago and when I tried to crank it, dang battery was totally dead. OUCH. Got a new battery now though so I guess we'll see. If ya see a white Palm Beach Bay boat either day, say hello
    proud member of "Team Cup"

BAMA S is offline Crappie.com Legend and AL Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonDon View Post
    I'll be there bout 6 in the morning Ken. Bells and whistles on at Eagle. HOPE like heck my boat works THIS TIME. Went over about a month ago and when I tried to crank it, dang battery was totally dead. OUCH. Got a new battery now though so I guess we'll see. If ya see a white Palm Beach Bay boat either day, say hello
    Dad gum DD I would be ashamed to admit I launched with a dead battery!!! Did you think you was in neons yak??? What are you thinking man , check that stuff!!! LOL I did it last week.... I had left my switch on .

Post Thanks / Like

NAHHH, It was working fine a couple weeks before but that real cold spell we had killed it. Got to the ramp and it wouldn't turn over. I had already driven all the way over and I'll be darned if I was not gonna fish. I launched anyhow. caught a couple small stripers and a few Jaspagoos. Fished from bout 6:45 til 1 and still had plenty of battery left. Ima hook the boat up tonight after I get home from class (bout 9 PM) and get everything ready. Just get up, load the rods into the boat and drive off
    proud member of "Team Cup"