Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: slab sauce help?!?!

Post Thanks / Like

Default slab sauce help?!?!

Been hearing a lot about slab sauce bait attractant not having much luck locating where to purchase, also is there a better brand or scent I should be looking at.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Slab Suace was a Crappie.Com product.......I have not seen any available in awhile. PM Slab about it and maybe he will make up a new batch......I need some too.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

I purchased Slab Sauce last year and used it extensively. I cannot say that I caught any fish with it being the prime reason for the bite. My buddy out fished me in the other end of the boat using crappie nibbles. I'd say save your money and use the crappie nibbles. Less expense, less mess, and the nibbles go a lot further than the sauce does.

Post Thanks / Like

I make it myself. The demand was low for it, so I kinda let the last batch run down, and I have not made any more since. If I can find some time I'll try to make some more soon.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

I would definitely be interested in trying it I currently use the nibs but really can't say one way or another if they are the sole reason I caught the fish think its become more of a habit that I put them on lol!

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  002.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  46.4 KBName:  003.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  56.4 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by iowacrap View Post
    I would definitely be interested in trying it I currently use the nibs but really can't say one way or another if they are the sole reason I caught the fish think its become more of a habit that I put them on lol!
    I don't use any of that stuff. I think it is more fun to use your skills to catch those slabs. I think all the attractants are made to attract the fisherman not the fish..I found a web site that gave the weight totals and dates of the record crappie in each state and guess what, They were caught on Minnows or jigs no attractants. Use your skills, remember what you did to catch your fish, slow retrieve, fast retrive, stop and go, or swim the bait. Record your trips with all the infor of the day. It is a lot of fun and you will be suprised on how much you will use your info on future trips. Good lock on your fishing.

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll have to agree with chet. I've fished with guys using nibbles and they actually caught less. Figure they wasted fishing time replacing nibbles?
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

NIMROD I spent most of my younger years in dumas Ark. Southeast Ark. I left in 1970 because Uncle Sam needed me..LOL Thanks for agreeing with me.. I think if folks get back to basics they will catch fish. Good fishing..Chet

Post Thanks / Like

Chet, Nimrod, I agree with you guys. We have actually found that crappie nibbles work better on sunfish than crappies. I fish a restricted kit, which is what I take to the water and have not been convinced that the nibbles work better enough to make extra space or go to the extra expense or effort. Pretty much the same way I treat GULP. I keep some of both in my larger "bag of tricks" but very seldom take them to the water with me in the mobile kit.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure it makes a big difference or not with crappie, but I'm convinced it helped when I was bass fishing. I use Mega-Strike on my jigs. I always seem to catch fish, even when others I talk to claim they don't, and I believe in "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", so I always use it. Maybe one day I'll try without it to see if I still catch fish or not.

I only fish on days of the week that end with
    a "Y" ...and then, only if it's raining or not.