Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: question about braid line.

Post Thanks / Like

Default question about braid line.

I was thinking about stringing a new pole I just received (sam heaton 7' super sensitive) with 10lb braid to try it out. Never used braid before always mono. I read some use a fluorocarbon leader to tie onto the jig. Is this a must or is it ok to just tie the braid strait to the jig? Or maybe i'm thinking too much and should just stick with my 6lb vicious mono. Thanks in advance for your input. Tom

Post Thanks / Like

I use braid on all my jigging poles and tie straight to the jig. I dont use braid on my casting rigs its just to limp and in wind it just blows a big loop in the line and i cant feel the bite or get the jig down. I use a Palomer Knot to tie on the jig,with braid any other knot seems to slip and break. Hope this helps ya.
    There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

Post Thanks / Like

with braid I use 10# and like hogester I tie to the jig and use nothing but palomer know, but fish with others that use the loop knot and they have no problem with braid..... I do keep a 1/4 of mono on the reel first and tie the braid to it, so as not to wind up so much braid that I will never get to see.........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by olesilverside View Post
    with braid I use 10# and like hogester I tie to the jig and use nothing but palomer know, but fish with others that use the loop knot and they have no problem with braid..... I do keep a 1/4 of mono on the reel first and tie the braid to it, so as not to wind up so much braid that I will never get to see.........
    X2 don't leave home with out it... With that Sam heaton your feel the smallest bit... You feel the jig fall over the fish backs... you feel the fish bump in to the line....

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info guys. One more quick thing. Is 10lb power pro good enough or is another brand more user friendly?

Post Thanks / Like

Good post on the braided line. I likewise use braided and tie directly to the jig.. Love how sensitive it is and most of the time I can get it out of the brush.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the braid but check your hook eyes to make sure they are closed just a little gap and fish and hook are gone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Seminole Decor Tom View Post
    Thanks for the info guys. One more quick thing. Is 10lb power pro good enough or is another brand more user friendly?
    I use the 8#-1 but i don't fish a lot of brush even still when i do i use the golden hooks and get them out.. If your fishing a lot of brush i would used the 10# i also like the yellow hi-visible

Post Thanks / Like

Notice the ones in favor of 8-10 lb colored braid are fishing reservoirs where 5" water clarity is considered clear. Stockton, Bull, or Table Rock might require a somewhat different approach but what do I know.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast