Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Looking for some Crappie fishing around Ft Leonard Wood

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for some Crappie fishing around Ft Leonard Wood

A buddy of mine is stationed at Ft Leonard Wood and is looking for some places that have Crappie. Thanks for any tips!!
    Luck has nothing to do with it, it's how you wiggle your worm.

Post Thanks / Like

Lake of the Ozarks is the closest lake and offers fantastic crappie fishing. Plenty of people on here who fish that lake so I'll defer to them.

Post Thanks / Like

Right now it seem the bite is around the docks.. Look for 25 to 30 ft of water in front of docks.. they can be 12 to 18 ft down or even on the bottom...Jigs is what used in a several colors. But i use Purple/white, Red/chart, Blue/chart slab buster or Bobby garlands -Blue ice, cajun chicken baby shad.... Going out friday. let you know more then
    Last edited by Charley41; 01-15-2013 at 01:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charley41 View Post
    Right now it seem the bite is around the docks.. Look for 25 to 30 ft of water in front of docks.. they can be 12 to 18 ft down or even on the bottom...Jigs is what used in a several colors. But i use Purple/white, Red/chart, Blue/chart slab buster or Blue ice, cajun chicken baby shad.... Going out friday. let you know more then
    X2 That worked last Saturday. There are a few resorts that have heated docks where you can pay to fish if he doesn't have a boat. Ft. Leonard Wood has a rec area on the Glaize arm off A highway that should have a boat ramp and fishing docks too.

Post Thanks / Like

Bloodland lake on Ft. Wood has good crappie also Little Prairie Lake inbetween Rolla and St. James is decent in the spring throws me for a loop the rest of the year though.

Post Thanks / Like

The Army Rec. (L.O.R.A.) , the base provides shuttles to and from , and the dock and bank fishing can be very good.

A gun, like any other source of power, is a force for either good or evil, being neither in itself, but dependent upon those who possess it
    From an old movie I saw

Post Thanks / Like

Army rec area is right in my wheelhouse and i'd be more than happy to take a soldier fishin.....after valentine day barring ice is one of my favorite times of year,have him to contact me and i'll take him out and see if we can't put a hurtin on em.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

GONNA GO W/BUGMAN TAKE A FRIEND!