Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Help them get started!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help them get started!!!

I have always believed that a lot of the problems in this world; are based on the fact that a lot of our youth are in tough situations, where Mom and Dad are either not around, or too busy to spend much quality time with their kids. I always try to go out of my way and promote fishing, as a wonderful way to get families to enjoy very high quality time. I know that as a child, the time spent fishing with my family are now many cherished memories.

It is not easy to reach out to complete strangers, and then try to get them to find time to take the kids fishing. Therefore; I sponsor (buy) a space on my local School Sports Programs that are given out at each school sponsored sporting event. The space I buy is simple - just a picture of a beautiful hand tied jig; but under the jig is written; "Teach a kid to fish, and have a best friend for life!". Then; I donate several packages of jigs at each game to be given away throughout the game by random drawing, at random times. It is nice to see people smile and get happy when their name is announced on the speaker as a prize winner, and nice to know that you helped bring that smile to life! It is really nice when you see a kid running for the press box to collect his prize!!! I don't know how many people that actually win the lures, end up taking a child fishing - but I have had numerous people come up to me and thanked me for doing what I do in an attempt to get a kid fishing. No thanks ever needed!

There is something that warms the heart when I see kids in a bait store preparing for a fishing trip with the guardians; as they look at all the beautiful fishing lures and equipment... the excitement is all over their faces! I honestly believe that if more people spent time fishing with family and friends, that there would be a lot less problems in our world. I hope that sponsoring an add and giving away fishing lures can at least bring a smile to a few of them; and I highly encourage all readers to consider buying an add to support your local schools and sports programs. Just maybe you can help get a family to go fishing together, and make some of those cherished memories that they will never forget. They will be a fishing fan for life!!!!
    Good fishing to everyone!
    Bighook
    Likes Jamesdean LIKED above post

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Bighook
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Nicely said

Post Thanks / Like

Your right bighook, it starts at home.
    Take you kids fishing today!!! They will be grown (and married and have children of their on) tomorrow. Then you can take your GRANDKIDS!
    Podunkideas Pro Staff
    Cornfield Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Very well said. I just recently bought my first boat, but am surprised at the great time kids have on the water even when we don't catch fish. I find a lot of kids simply enjoy driving the boat when the fish aren't biting.
    It is not what you do for your children, but what you have taught them to do for themselves, that will make them successful human beings.
    –Ann Landers

Post Thanks / Like

Well Said Bighook, i signed up here because there seem to be many people who have that same thought. I'm planning on using as many of the tips and tricks for the new fisherman that i can to keep myself, and my lil one busy. outdoors and on the bank trying to keep catching fish and spreading smiles.

Post Thanks / Like

well said
    All men are created equal, some work harder in the preseason.
    Thanks to BnM PST, Midsouth Jig, Big River Marina

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The longest journey starts with the first step. Well said there.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.