Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spider rigs front and back?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spider rigs front and back?

I played around a little with spider rigging last year, starting with just three rods in the front to minimize tangling and overloading myself during the learning process. I'd like to expand a little this year, especially when I have a second person in the boat with me.

The issue is that my boat has a walk-through windshield which makes it difficult for a second person to get onto the front deck, and the compartments on the deck make it all but impossible to add a second seat to the front deck.

So my thinking is that I could put some rods off one side of the boat in a rod holder on the rear deck. Maybe three off the right side in the front, then a couple off the left side in the back. Anybody do anything like that?

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

A lot of people do that
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

On my stick boat I have 4 on either side in the back so person fishing there can fish off either side or both. Works well.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Back was hotter than the front the other day too, dang yankee.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cray View Post
    On my stick boat I have 4 on either side in the back so person fishing there can fish off either side or both. Works well.
    I'll vouch for that

Quote Originally Posted by Rees Guide View Post
    Back was hotter than the front the other day too, dang yankee.
    Apple Pie ProStaff

Post Thanks / Like

I have a walk through windshield Vhull and prefer that who is with me to fish from the front beside me. The reason for this is no matter what who ever is in the back is going to move around to much for my liking. This causes my rod to bounce up and down to much. Another reason is my boat is 19' long and I may be fishing over some brush that the person in the back will not be over.
    I found two seat bases at Gander Mountain that I can move where ever I want in the front of the boat to be side by side.

My

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Get you a Dub L Seat made by Blacklandlure over on the Mississippi board....it fits in your present seat mount and you can put two seats on it and you can swing or slide the seats out of the way to get in a compartment.
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    I played around a little with spider rigging last year, starting with just three rods in the front to minimize tangling and overloading myself during the learning process. I'd like to expand a little this year, especially when I have a second person in the boat with me.

The issue is that my boat has a walk-through windshield which makes it difficult for a second person to get onto the front deck, and the compartments on the deck make it all but impossible to add a second seat to the front deck.

So my thinking is that I could put some rods off one side of the boat in a rod holder on the rear deck. Maybe three off the right side in the front, then a couple off the left side in the back. Anybody do anything like that?
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "G" View Post
    Get you a Dub L Seat made by Blacklandlure over on the Mississippi board....it fits in your present seat mount and you can put two seats on it and you can swing or slide the seats out of the way to get in a compartment.
    X2- I have one and LOVE it!!! Sturdy and he can add things like holders for pliers and scissors, net holder, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

If your front deck is big enough,find or build a double seat rig that will let some one fish up front with you...they can help with boat control, bait hooks,remove fish,get you a cold drink...plus you get to holler "get the net,It's a WHALE" HAHAHA! you get the idea.No really...two people, 8 rods= more fun more fish

2000 ProCraft 210 SuperPro DC w/Merc 250 ProXB
    Hi-Tek rod holders

Post Thanks / Like

I built my double seat rig.I'll send pics if it would help.

2000 ProCraft 210 SuperPro DC w/Merc 250 ProXB
    Hi-Tek rod holders

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast