Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Table Rock in November

Post Thanks / Like

Default Table Rock in November

Hi Guys,

I'm down below ya here in Mississippi, but I've got plans to hit Table Rock the second week in November.

My first time to fish in the fall there........so...........

What should I expect as far weather, temps, and of course the fishing this time of year? Remember now I'm a southern boy we don't got no snow.:D

Me and Bubba along with wives(they are going shopping of course) will be heading up around the 4th, and we just love to catch anything. As long as it swims, got gills and pulls on the line. So any suggestions as to what's bitting best will be appreciated.

Of course we will be staying at the BPS Wilderness Lodge and I'm bringing my 16 foot Triton boat. And plenty of whatever you guys tell me to bring.

Thanks

john
    Last edited by bowdenja; 07-21-2006 at 09:22 AM.
    Chuck the aggrivating stuff.......... Just go Fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey John, it's been quite some time since i've been to Table Rock. I have fished there a few times in the Spring and Summer but not in the Fall. The folks at Marina's and at the Lodge should point you in the right direction as to whats biting and where. As far as the weather, the second week of Nov. it could be 80 degree's, 20 with freezing rain and snow or a combination of both. That's one thing about Missouri, if you don't like the weather, just wait a day and it will change completely. Seen some pics of the Lodge, looks like an awesome place to stay (i'm positive it's free of you know what hehe) and you all should have a great time...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Guys for the comments.............. hopefully I'll get some more info.

Sure I'll post a report on the lodge and the fishing................. My hope is that both will be fantastic:D

Man............. I'm going to be pretty funny looking with my red one piece long-johns on under my cut-off blue jeans and t-shirt!:p

john

Post Thanks / Like

Highs are usually in the Mid 50's. Low's in the upper 30's. But it is possible to see sleet,freezing rain or snow. The good thing is it usually doesn't stick around too long.

Good time of the year for Crappie fishin'. Won't see biggun's like Grenada crappie, but PM me a few weeks before and we'll see what we can do to put you on a few.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Kit Papermouth.............. I'll take you up on that. I fished Table Rock earlier this year and did real good on the smallies, hybrid stripers and a a few crappies. I caught one crappie that would have been a show-off down here. So y'all have some nice ones to brag about too!

Love that clean water............

Thanks again.

john

Post Thanks / Like

I've been experimenting this year with the crankbaits in the summer time. Still have a lot of water to cover to get some good spots.

In the fall the Crappies head up the rivers and spread out. We'll see if they are on that pattern then or if we need to be slow trolling or casting.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Well.......... looks like my trip for Table Rock in November has been postponed.......

Thanks for the posts, I'll ask again when I get things worked out.

Thanks again

john