Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What are 5 things (besides jigs) that are always in your tackle box?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What are 5 things (besides jigs) that are always in your tackle box?

I'm putting together a new tackle box for this spring and I'm keeping it minimal. It seems like my box is all jigs, a few bobbers, splitshot, pliers usually add some slimjims and peanuts later on. I just feel like I'm missing something.

Post Thanks / Like

Bandages (well have a life boat first aid kit now), safety glasses, floss (for bobber stopper), cheap knife, hook sharpener
    It is not what you do for your children, but what you have taught them to do for themselves, that will make them successful human beings.
    –Ann Landers

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Clippers for line,small scissors, multi tool.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Bug spray,polarized sunglasses, reel magic, first aid kit, gps/compass! This is besides the stuff you already mentioned.

Post Thanks / Like

nail clippers, polarized sunglasses, sunscreen, needlenose pliers or a needlenose multitool, rags

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone has the fish catchin stuff covered, but they left out a very important item. It's for when you or someone with you gets a hook in them. A foot or so of braided Dacron line, tied in a loop. Dacron has good diameter and is real strong. If you don't know how to use it you need to learn. It can save a fishing trip that has been weeks in the making.
    I also throw a shallow to mid running crank bait, usually in chartreuse, and the beetle spin looking blades to put one of my curl tails on. I never pass anything along the bank without throwing a spinner at it and cranking real slow. Colorado blades as big as a quarter at a minimum, and minnow colors on the tail. I think it's usually 1/8oz for casting distance. Have a half a turn on the reel when it hits the water so it goes to work right away.
    Hemostats or forceps are lighter and remove hooks as well or better than pliers. I have a blind bag that I keep my walk around stuff in and throw it over my shoulder and go. Other bags are available but this one just came to me and works great. If you have the room, an extra spool full of line isn't a bad idea either.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Sunscreen
    Multi-tool
    Lighter plug phone charger
    Band aids
    Dental floss
    "We're all very different people. We're not Watusi, we're not Spartans, we're Americans. With a capital "A", huh? And you know what that means? Do you? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world."
    John Winger

Post Thanks / Like

small flashlight. small air horn, hand warmer, stick matches, band aids, flair

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I carry a small plastic box for jigheads, tubes, and swivels. But I carry it in a water proof storage box with extras. Things in there are pliers, rod repair kit (rod tips, hot glue, matches) , electrical tape, knife, and extra fishing line.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

pocket knife, neednose pliers, extra line, lighter, turnacate, super glue. No need for bandaids if you have superglue!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast