Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: MY ideal gps/sonar that they don't make yet.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default MY ideal gps/sonar that they don't make yet.

WE have the technology to do this, but it is not available yet. I want one with one button (on/off), the rest controlled by voice recognition. I want to be able to say: goto xyz and it takes me there. I want to say: sonar, gps, compass, etc. and this mode pops up on the screen. Sure would simplifiy my life. I can't hear and see like I used to. I can not hear the gps or sonar beeps anymore, and I strain my eyes to read the data on those little gps screens. It is simple technology used by the telephone companies, banks, etc. We all talk to these machines. lol. This would be ideal for us old turds and the less technically capable or somewhat lethargic.

Who knows, maybe Garmin, Raymarine, etc. might get this message and send me an idea award.....Sounds good to me....
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Default that would be great

yeah my eyes want hardly focus on my gps either - I am sure if you had the money that technology could be installed by somebody - Bill Gates maybe
    crap-king
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Robotics

They make computer games that are voice activated or controlled. So it should be very easy to do. But you would have to wear headsets with a boom microphone attached. And they would have to be battery operated and wireless for a boating situation.

Check out the game Sub Command or Enigma Rising Tide to see what can be done. Also Game commander II allows voice control on most PC games.

It's a good idea CP. Why don't you contact Garmin and get them to do that?

I would like to have that myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    WE have the technology to do this, but it is not available yet. I want one with one button (on/off), the rest controlled by voice recognition. I want to be able to say: goto xyz and it takes me there. I want to say: sonar, gps, compass, etc. and this mode pops up on the screen. Sure would simplifiy my life. I can't hear and see like I used to. I can not hear the gps or sonar beeps anymore, and I strain my eyes to read the data on those little gps screens. It is simple technology used by the telephone companies, banks, etc. We all talk to these machines. lol. This would be ideal for us old turds and the less technically capable or somewhat lethargic.

Who knows, maybe Garmin, Raymarine, etc. might get this message and send me an idea award.....Sounds good to me....
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Default Future?

Cane Pole do you want a voice activated rod and reel to go with that too? lol Just imagine....early morning, little ripple on the water, a good fog, and all you can hear in the distance is a repetative noise of hidden fishermen calling out.."CAST"...."REEL"....."SET HOOK". lol

I know I'm a dork don't tell me. lol
    "To catch fish, you gotta be on the fish!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CohuttaCrappie
    Cane Pole do you want a voice activated rod and reel to go with that too? lol Just imagine....early morning, little ripple on the water, a good fog, and all you can hear in the distance is a repetative noise of hidden fishermen calling out.."CAST"...."REEL"....."SET HOOK". lol

I know I'm a dork don't tell me. lol
    This is more like you would hear,
    cast....reel....set hook......damnit you missed him... you stupid real.... I hate technology.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gps F/f

Canepole, If you are using one of those handheld GPS's, just toss it over the side and get you one of those fixed mounts. They gotta big screen that my old eyes can see fine. Forget those combo units, you either have to use them in split screen mode, (both sides are so small you can't read either), or select one or the other. When you go to select one or the other, your big finger mashes a few buttons at once, and then you gotta get your glasses and the manual out to figure out what happened! I've got a Garmin 240 F/F and a Garmin 128 GPS, both are fixed mount with big screens. My GPS I picked up used for $125 shipped to my door. I didn't need the newest and greatest GPS technology with mapping, I just wanted one I could read the screen on. LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

My buddy's cell phone will automatically dial any name he speaks on it so the technology is there. I am in the process of buying a new fish finder and a new GPS unit, so I will probably buy units that can be upgraded by hooking into a computer. That way, when this new technology comes out as I am sure it will, I can hook my units into my computer and download it to my units.
    Yeah, voice activated rod and reel. Yeah! LOL :D