Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ice fishing line

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ice fishing line

need a topic to cool me off.
    This last year I switched to power pro 20# line for winter fishing.It didn't seem to bother the crappie,and sure saved me from re-tieing every 5 minutes.In winter I really beat the cover up close.The only drawback seemed to be if the line was older,it would load up with water droplettes that then would freeze.

Have gone the 2 and 4 # line route and was very unsatisfied.

So lets hear it,think of those cold ,windy,overcast,25F degree days,and lets compare what works!!:D

Post Thanks / Like

Cook, I face the same problem as you. I only use powerpro so during the winter it does collect water then freezes. This spring cabelas was doing a closeout on ice fishing power pro line. It came in smaller blue boxes and was only 75yards and the color was blue. Problem is the ran out quickly, so I am not sure if its a seasonal line or they quit making it. Its not listed on power pro's website. I didnt get a chance to buy any becuase I think by buddy bought all they had. He said it fishes just like normal but never got a chance to try this past winter.

I did some searching for it on the web and found a place that is still selling it.

http://www.1stopfishingshop.com/PowerProIce.html
    Last edited by TAE73; 07-20-2006 at 01:22 PM.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Cook its back on sale at cabelas for 4.99 a spool.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...+pro&noImage=0
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I went ice fishing one time, took us 2 hours to get set up and start fishing, then my buddy wanted to move to another spot. Told him to forget it. It took us too long to get enough ice chopped to get the boat into the water.
    A gun in hand is a lot better than a cop on the phone.

Post Thanks / Like

Default ice fishing

Hey CD - we spent a whole morning chopping out a stretch of ice 6 inches wide and 200 yards long just so we could troll.
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I like the power pro hi vis yellow did't know that they had ice blue went to cabelas web sight & ordered 4 spools of the 15-4 to give it a try. Went out today early to a little state lake close to home kept 31 9-10 in. in 8-10 feet of water over brush water temp 88 degs. Jim C.