Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rod Suggestions ???????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod Suggestions ???????

I use a 5'6' ul most of the time but i am usualy pitching jigs around bridges and such as that. I was wanting to see what would be a good rod for drifting and casting and spring time fishing? Can yall gime me some advice?

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Lots of options in all price ranges. How much are you budgeting? I have several and have a couple on the wish list. Range from $18 to $100. Give us some more to work with.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer IM6 rods. The blanks are used by many manufactures. In the $40 range Berkely Lightning Rods are what I use. Last year I stepped up and bought a St. Croix Premier for about $100. This year I want to check out the IM8 rod blanks.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I myself use abu garcia 5'6 ultralights most of the time one with 6lb the other 4lb. I also worked the sporting goods counter at Walmart for several years and last year they got in some Falcon rods. Myself I've never heard of them before than. They are a little costly but a good rod if your looking for
    something to reach out there a little more. If nothing else there is nothing wrong with ugly stick rods. They are inexpensive and perform excellent! I just prefer Abu Garcia. In my opinion longer rods would be better for drifting and further casting. That's just me buddy. Hope this helps with some ideas to get You started. I don't have a boat so I fish from shore. I just use longer rods to reach out to thicker and maneuver around it better.

Post Thanks / Like

Mainly was curious about sizes, action and lengths and I would try to like to stay around $60 and bucks

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

The rod that gets a lot of play in my boat is a 6'6" medium Lightning Rod (has a soft tip for light jigs) with a 2000 series reel and 4lb hi vis line. Around brush I have 2 Shakespeare Micro Graphite 7' lite action rod ($18 at wally) and 6lb hi vis. Use this for jig n float too. 5' light action with 4lb for shooting docks. 8' BnM BGJP for deep jigging with braid.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks skeet