Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie on table rock?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie on table rock?

Hey guys and gals, im new to the area and live in nixa, looking to see how the crappie fishing is on table rock , where , how , is the best places to go, and is jigs better than minnows ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Speck is online now MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board. I'm no help on The Rock but Kit Papermouth, Beagleman and a few others fish it regularly. Good luck.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

speck. thank you , glad to be here, hope i can learn from everyone here

Post Thanks / Like

welcome aboard, and my suggestion on catching crappie on Table Rock lake is fish truman, a bit farther but the fish outweigh the miles,,,,

table rock has been spotty at best, but the lake is so big some people report they catch some down ants creek, some say they catch some around baxter area, some say they do well on the kings river arm, I catch a few on james and flat creek area, not many and hard to find, spring is ok but after that is gets kinda hard to find them.

Post Thanks / Like

i have put in at ant creek before fishing with a buddy but never fished that area, also thought of putting in at cape fair and trying that, any word on that area

Post Thanks / Like

cape fair is where I fish, james river / flat creek. good early in the spring and summer, bad in the winter, shell knob area can be good also, if you can get there before summer gets to bad with the big boats, I also fish out of Eagle Rock, fish roaring river arm, and white river arm, clear to holiday Island in Arkansas. Table Rock is so big the fish are everywhere and I am just to lazy to go looking, I like Piney creek and wooly creek in the spring, I can find fish there every trip. when it heats up there I post, and your welcome to follow Me and Darrell. we don't mind.Piney and wooley are south of Cape fair.

Post Thanks / Like

Beagle can find the fish on the rock... He has a Side imaging fish finder... I lived on the rock right acroos from cape fair marina.. Want to catch crappie go to truman or stockton or LOZ.. But if you must try the rock go around virgin bluff takes some minows cause its tuff tuff tuff fishing.... I used a 1/100 jig.... I little bitty jig i got from table rock tackle down on 13 towards kimberling city... If he's still open.. this small jig will take the minow down slowly so you have a better chance of a crappie seeing it...I used these around those docks quite a bit.. For 3 years i only limit one time... if you dont have somthing to find the brush piles or falling trees like baegle its very fustrating.... I move to Camdenton and fish LOZ now best thing i ever did....Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

beagle, thanks alot for the info, i will def like to take you up on the folling part to show me around, hey if you are ever around Marionville , stop by marionville powersports and holla at me , heck we can even take my boat, thanks alot..David

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaspy111 View Post
    beagle, thanks alot for the info, i will def like to take you up on the folling part to show me around, hey if you are ever around Marionville , stop by marionville powersports and holla at me , heck we can even take my boat, thanks alot..David
    in marionvill two or three times a month, there yesterday, I will stop by.