Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bass Pro Shop Yesterday

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bass Pro Shop Yesterday

Went to Nashville yesterday to take my son to the doctor and stopped in Bass Pro for a little while. Looked over all the GPS units and fish finders. Pretty dang expensive stuff in there. Loved the television sized fishfinder for $1,049.00. Geez. Anyways, went over to the huge fish tank to see what was going on in there. They had three types of bass, four types of catfish, muskie, bluegill, baitfish that looked really nervous, gar, paddlefish and crappie. Guess where the crappie were in the tank? Not that it is any kind of indication or anything, but they were hugging the very bottom. Everyone was hugging horizontally , bunched up together right on the bottom. Saw some 2 and a half pounders easy. All blacks and no whites in there. I like how you walk into BPS, they have the mounts on the wall. One black crappie caught in 1986, 4lb 4oz. Can't remember where it was caught at though. They also have the world record Boone & Crockett Buck with the most points. 251. Looks like some kind of freaking mutated alien.

Post Thanks / Like

I for one would love to have that tank at home. Now that would be something to get hooked on watching.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Johathon:

I just checked on my crappie before coming read the new posts in here and they were doing the very same thing. It was dark in the room and I flipped the light switch on so that I could see what they were doing. They were all three on the bottom of the tank and side by side. I cleaned some of the crappie crap out of the bottom of the tank. I took out about 5 gallons of dirty water and refilled the aquarium. I forgot to put the artifical plants back in the gravel.

Most of the time the black crappie suspended above the others. And the smaller white crappie is sometimes suspended and at one end of the tank. The biggest White Crappie stays right in the middle of the tank right under where the clean water enters the aquarium from the filter. He will wiggle around and move the other fish away if they get too close. The Warmouth Sunfish is seculded to the other end of the aquarium when not feeding. But when there are new minnows coming into the tank he is the first to rise up to the surface and meet the net full of minnows.

Strange that they would all be doing the same thing.

I think it would be cool if that tank were exposed to the sunlight via a skylight. Were there any big horizontal logs in that tank to provide shade? I would think that there is some kind of artifical lighting above the tanks.

I need to check the new BPS out when they open in Clarkville IN right across the river from Louisville KY. I could spend a few days in there if they let me. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy
    Went to Nashville yesterday to take my son to the doctor and stopped in Bass Pro for a little while. Looked over all the GPS units and fish finders. Pretty dang expensive stuff in there. Loved the television sized fishfinder for $1,049.00. Geez. Anyways, went over to the huge fish tank to see what was going on in there. They had three types of bass, four types of catfish, muskie, bluegill, baitfish that looked really nervous, gar, paddlefish and crappie. Guess where the crappie were in the tank? Not that it is any kind of indication or anything, but they were hugging the very bottom. Everyone was hugging horizontally , bunched up together right on the bottom. Saw some 2 and a half pounders easy. All blacks and no whites in there. I like how you walk into BPS, they have the mounts on the wall. One black crappie caught in 1986, 4lb 4oz. Can't remember where it was caught at though. They also have the world record Boone & Crockett Buck with the most points. 251. Looks like some kind of freaking mutated alien.
    Last edited by Moose1am; 12-01-2004 at 06:29 PM.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Default me too

we ahve a bps about a hours drive from my house in Concord, NC - it is part of a mall - my wife goes shopping in the mall and I stay at bps until she is done - we now have one at Myrtle Beach, SC about 3.5 hours from the house - bps and the beach - what else could you want
    crap-king
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!