HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Pretty good day.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pretty good day.

Name:  2013-01-10 001.jpg
Views: 993
Size:  43.1 KBName:  2013-01-05 002.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  39.7 KBWe caught 7 Pike on tip ups, all were short except 2 that were 24" & 25" We also caught 18 Crappies. Crappie 2 got the biggest, it was 11 !/2 " Fun Day..

Proud Member Of Team Geezer
    Member: Michigan Chapter of Team Overalls

Post Thanks / Like

Good catch and that really looks fun, you know we don't get to fish like that here in Arkansas. But I'm going to try it one of these days.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17
    2019 Yamaha 90

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slabjammer View Post
    Good catch and that really looks fun, you know we don't get to fish like that here in Arkansas. But I'm going to try it one of these days.
    Hey, if you ever get up this way in the winter? Give us a holler and we'll fix you right up.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the catch to you and the Mrs! I've fished the ice before, but don't think it's gonna be on my menu anytime soon, it's fun though! Dad had made wooden 2-level boxes on runners you pulled out on the ice. You sat on the lower level and stuck your hands into the open-upper level that held a Coleman Lantern to keep your hands warm. We'd cut pieces of carpet to put in the bottom of our buckle-up rubber boots before putting them on over our shoes to insulate our feet from the ice, actually worked pretty good.
    Apple Pie ProStaff

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch Crappie 1, those are gonna eat real nice! Thanx for the pics, helps me remember what they look like this time of year. No ice here in southern Ohio. Are those Fat Boys you're using glo in the dark?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Crappie1 nice mess of fish. Here where I'm at if were lucky may only get 3 weeks of fishing. Got to go out once this year but the ice is all gone now. I would like to make it up north sometime to try some good ice fishing. I bet its a good time to be on one of those ice fishing community like in the grumpy old men movies.
    Lets go soak a line. Pat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EnonEye View Post
    Nice catch Crappie 1, those are gonna eat real nice! Thanx for the pics, helps me remember what they look like this time of year. No ice here in southern Ohio. Are those Fat Boys you're using glo in the dark?
    Yes, those are Lindy Fat Boys. Chart/White and Pink/White Glo. They work reall good tipped with a minnow or Red Spikes.. Thanks.