Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 565 Humminbird

Post Thanks / Like

Default 565 Humminbird

Put this unit on my trolling motor a month ago. Works fine,shows fish,weed lines etc. The only thing it does not do is show my jig as they claim it will up to 40ft. Does anyone else use this fishfinder?

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know anything about that DF but have you tried putting it in manual mode and turning up the gain or sense?
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I have done that. Thanks for the suggestion.

Post Thanks / Like

This won't be much help, but I have a HB matrix, and the best way to show your jigs with it is in the dual mode, Split screen that is. Is your's a dual frequency?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MAINEIAC
    Put this unit on my trolling motor a month ago. Works fine,shows fish,weed lines etc. The only thing it does not do is show my jig as they claim it will up to 40ft. Does anyone else use this fishfinder?
    Had that exact model last year. Got so frustrated with it that I threw it in the lake (ok, I sold it). Bought a Lowrance 334c and wow what a difference! Soooo much easier to use and much less problems.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

[QUOTE=tarheel]Had that exact model last year. Got so frustrated with it that I threw it in the lake (ok, I sold it). Bought a Lowrance 334c and wow what a difference! Soooo much easier to use and much less problems.

Just my 2 cents worth.[/QUOTE
    Why did you get so upset with this unit???? I just purchased one and I love it.I think it is pretty simple to operate myself.I have been using it here the last week or so and catchin alot of nice fish with it...

Post Thanks / Like

There was nothing intuitive about it. Especially the GPS part of it. It often "lost" the bottom and would read 3 feet deep when it was 30 feet. I could swing a 1 ounce sinker under it and it would never show up on the screen.