Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Jokers and Scrubs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jokers and Scrubs

Order them from Bass Pro Shop on Jan 2nd, apparently they came in on Jan 4th, but no one bothered to call or notify me that they were in. It took my curiousity to find out they were ready for pickup. Jokers are a little bit bigger in the body than i thought they would be, still look great though and the tails have great action to them. Can't wait to test them out on the waters.

Post Thanks / Like

The joker is pretty interesting looking. May have to see if it is as good as my creature is. The second one will be a little to aggressive maybe on the RR head. That will produce a lot of action and will only be good when the fish are really active I would think! May want to try switching the bodies around on the jig heads. The paddle tails are a lot of action on their own. The Joker would be a more subtle action from the looks of them and would work better on the RR head. jmo tho EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eager Beaver View Post
    The joker is pretty interesting looking. May have to see if it is as good as my creature is. The second one will be a little to aggressive maybe on the RR head. That will produce a lot of action and will only be good when the fish are really active I would think! May want to try switching the bodies around on the jig heads. The paddle tails are a lot of action on their own. The Joker would be a more subtle action from the looks of them and would work better on the RR head. jmo tho EB
    Beav, last year, before production, Wally Marshall gave me a few of the Jokers while we were at Kerr Res. I have to agree with Chris that the body is a little big. I have fished them some, but have not had great results. They might be better in the Spring. I'm waiting to see how others do with this bait. They sure are pretty.
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe its just me, but i found that with a big body like the joker, it tends to get in the way of the blade on the roadrunner. I tried using the Lindy Watsit jig bodies with the roadrunner last year and had problems with the blade spinning, when i put a smaller profile body on there it worked better. I won't be using the paddle tails with roadrunners anyway, i just randomly attached it to a jighead. I'll use it with a small jighead like i did last year or maybe a trailer since it is under 1 1/2". I'm reserving the roadrunners for Keith's STB grubs.

Post Thanks / Like

I like a bigger body in the late summer and early fall. That is when I go to the umbrella body and have great success with it. Chris try a different blade on the RR and may have better luck. The round blade would catch more water and would work better. EB

Post Thanks / Like

Colorado blade is what the standard RR comes with, that is why I went with the willow blade this time (Also i wanted to take a step down in the size of the RR, hopefully allowing me to retrieve it slower). My theory was the Colorado blade was too big and hitting the large profile body, which is why i opted for the slimmer willow blade, however one thing i am gonna do this year and get interchangeable blades for the RR so i can better match it with the body profile that is attached. I didn't think about swapping out blade types on the RR until a few months ago.

Post Thanks / Like

I did this all the time with a spinner bait, changing the blade as well as the skirts on them. That is why they were so versitile. EB