Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lowrance Website

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lowrance Website

Does anyone know what Lowrance did with there emulators? I've been all over there site looking.
    Also I know they don't have an emulator for a HDS5. What would be the closest emulator they have to it?

Thanks
    Mike
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FisherMike View Post
    Does anyone know what Lowrance did with there emulators? I've been all over there site looking.
    Also I know they don't have an emulator for a HDS5. What would be the closest emulator they have to it?

Thanks
    Mike
    They don't have anything with the menu structure or keypad of the HDS family. I know there is one for the 520, but as someone who has a 520 and HDS both, I can promise that using one will only confuse you about using the other because the whole layout changed between them.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike, I'm with CatFan on this !! ( "using one will only confuse you about using the other" )

There used to be a downloadable emulator for the Elite series units, and I downloaded it and played with it for awhile. It was kind of neat to use, but when I went to apply some of the things I'd done on the emulator ... on my E5DSI unit ... I quickly realized that since the emulator program was a "one size fits all" deal, it had shown me some things that were not part of my E5DSI programming. That was frustrating & confusing. On top of the fact that the "manual", that came with the unit, not being much more than a "how to install" booklet ... I was also faced with not having exclusive instructions on the operation of my particular unit.

Then I found the Operations Manual & update downloads. I updated the unit, and printed out the pdf file of the Operations Manual. While this did come after I had already found a way to "play" with the unit, while it is not on the boat, I did find the manual to be of some value.

Here's a link to the Operations Manual for your unit : http://www.lowrance.com/Root/Lowranc...0041-001_w.pdf

And while it is not the same as a on-screen program (emulator), and does contain info on more than just the HDS5 unit, it probably does contain some valuable insight on how to navigate through the various menus ... and which menus to enter, in order to find or add pertinent info. Bottom line is .... it's better than nothing, and should save you some time on the water that you would be using to "play" with the unit, instead of "playing" with the fish !!

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you CatFan and Crappiepappy for that. Tne thing I sure as heck don't need,,, is more confusement.
    Cp I did find that manual also and have been reading up on it as I do with my LMS332. It's all for the good except I'm a slow study unless I can put my hands on it. I once had the emulator for the LMS but somehow lost it. That's another reason I was looking for the emulators.
    You guys are great.
    Thanks
    Mike