Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: need some help.....

Post Thanks / Like

Default need some help.....

i had to reinstall my windows os and having a couple problems, one with the sound and one with drag and drop. if youthink you can help me out how about pm'n me. thanks
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

This may be too late but good info for the next time. BTW did the light get to you ok?

Good to have Windows XP re-activation info
    If you have to reinstall Win XP on the same equipment, you know what a pain it is to reactivate XP. This simple guide tells how to backup and restore two small files so you can avoid reactivation.

http://www.windowsnetworking.com/kb...owsXP/UserTips/
    Miscellaneous/BackupRestoreXPActivation.html

When you activate Windows XP, Microsoft stores the data in the Windows Product Activation database files wpa.dbl and Wpa.bak in the folder %systemroot%\system32. If you change the motherboard or make significant hardware changes, XP will require you to reactive. But if you plan to reinstall XP on the same hardware, you can back up the activation status and then restore it after you reinstall and avoid the activation process. You can backup the Windows Product Activation database files to diskette. They are very small. A directory listing from my XP Pro workstation:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rango
    i had to reinstall my windows os and having a couple problems, one with the sound and one with drag and drop. if youthink you can help me out how about pm'n me. thanks
    The drag and drop problem I would need more info to help you. As far as the sound goes, you need to install the sound driver for your sound card. Tell me what version of windows you have (XP, ME, 98SE etc.) and I can get you going in the right direction........

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Rango, I am by no means a puter expert but I do know Win XP has a feature where you can go back to a point when your system was working correctly. A little late for that now but once you get it right go to Accessories - System tools - System restore, then click on set a restore point. Then later on if you have problems you can go back to that point. In fact, now that I think about it, it may automatically make those restore points.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va