PDA

View Full Version : Boat Rules

MePreach
01-08-2013, 01:41 PM
What is your rules or maybe I should say things that bother you??? I know everybody is different on things but I got one major rule when someone steps in my boat "NO GRIPING or COMPLAINING" I know safety should be #1 but I just don't like to hear griping while fishing! :bash

Rule#2 I will not pick you back up once I have launched you overboard for griping...you had your chance! ....just kidding :biggrin

Rule#3 Don't wait until we are in the boat fishing to tell me you got to be home at a certain time or got plans! nonono

Rule #4 If you brought one sandwich and in my boat.....300lb captain of boat wins everytime...its just that simple :dono

Rule #5 If you throw trying to snag a snake while in my boat...well I will preach your funeral free of charge since I am a minister!...just sayin! nonono

Rule #6 Lets enjoy the fellowship and the view as much as the fishing....its all good! :ThumbsUp

Locator79
01-08-2013, 02:47 PM
Just don't make the boat rock when I'm jigging, everything else is fair game.

Rees Guide
01-08-2013, 03:11 PM
:yikesThe heck with while I am jiggin, dont rock the boat while I am peeing!!!!:Rofl

"G"
01-08-2013, 03:16 PM
And don't hit the rabbit button on the Terrova when I am pouring hot coffee.:Rofl

wannabe fisherman
01-08-2013, 03:19 PM
PFC on or you don't get in. no alcohol and you buy the minners

Drtodd10
01-08-2013, 03:26 PM
If you get hung up, break it off or straighten the hook. I'm not going over and messing up the spot.

feelay
01-08-2013, 04:53 PM
Have everything ready BEFORE you back down the ramp!

windstone
01-08-2013, 06:22 PM
if before daylight or after dark turn your cotton pickin lights off when backing down the ramp....

Locator79
01-08-2013, 06:24 PM
If you get hung up, break it off or straighten the hook. I'm not going over and messing up the spot.

I like this

flycaster
01-08-2013, 06:24 PM
Pee in the milk jug, not all over the back of the boat!!!!

crappiewisdom
01-08-2013, 06:33 PM
Turn off your cell phone.

My brother is constantly taking or making calls and/or texting when I take him fishing. Drives me nuts!

huntinslabs
01-08-2013, 06:53 PM
I had a buddy I took fishing all the time with me in the spillway when I lived in Louisiana, had to remind him all the time to not shoot the snakes once they had fallen in the boat!!:yikes

Now pretty much no beetchin or whining.nonononononononono

djcoop52
01-09-2013, 04:01 PM
If it is my boat when I say it is time to move we move don,t start fiddlin with tackle pull up your anchor, if i say anchor it means now not after we have drifted another 30 ft, if I want your opinion on how to catch fish I'll ask. If your boat tell me where you want me to fish from, if you want my help ask otherwise shut -up and fish. No other rules do what you want.

TreednNC
01-09-2013, 04:51 PM
1) This is my boat, we fish how and where I WANT TO FISH.
2) Remember rule one.
3) No alcohol. I don't care what you do on YOUR time, but if you do something stupid, or have an accident, if won't be because I tolerated alcohol, even if you dont intend to get drunk
4) Listen up, I won't sink us, run us aground, flip us, or any other fears you may have. Believe me, I value my life much more than yours, and I plan on making it home to my wife and kids.
5) DONT MAKE A LOT OF NOISE (or more than I make).......I don't care how you fish, just don't drop your pliers 5 times. Dont trip and fall in the boat 3 or 4 times. Stuff happens, but if your a bull in a china shop and make more noise than me, you probably ought not be in the boat.
6) Im not hard to get along with, but unless I value your opinion, dont tell me what to do, where to go, or how to do it, or what your grandpaw used to do. I don't invite people outside of a SMALL circle unless I am on the fish. If I do value your opinion, you'll know it. There is only ONE person that can tell me what "we oughta do is"....and I trust his judgement as much as my own. You don't have to read these rules if you aint him because he knows.
7) Expanding on rule 6. We will have fun. We won't argue. I will catch fish and try my best to show you how to catch fish. I won't yell at you. Accidents happen, but just use commen sense and don't "back seat captain" me. I'm not there to enjoy the view. If I "need" that kind of time, I'll likely fish alone. I'm there to catch fish.

NeonMoon
01-09-2013, 07:14 PM
Bring lotsa bananas :biggrin

Fishorhunt
01-09-2013, 08:02 PM
DON'T BE LATE!!!! First and foremost. I will leave your butt and I won't turn my phone on.
Either split the gas n minnars or I'm keepin your half of the fish. I do the same when ever I go in someone else's boat.
When my wife is in the boat.... My boat only runs 20-25 mph it won't go airborne when I hit a ripple so no I won't slow down.
The kids... life jackets stay on or you can stay home... end of discussion
Help clean up the mess in the boat after we finish up for the day.

feelay
01-09-2013, 08:08 PM
Oh yeah....don't bring no dang banannas in my boat!nonono

NeonMoon
01-09-2013, 08:45 PM

:Rofl

Rees Guide
01-09-2013, 08:50 PM
:Rofl

Tracker123
01-09-2013, 09:08 PM
To me, you must know how to swim, PFD or not. My grandson took swimming lessons just to fish with me. It may be strange to some, but it's the way I feel.

G.Gordon
01-09-2013, 09:33 PM
Hung up, BREAK IT OFF. It's my jig your fishing with after all. Break my jig pole or lose it over the side, you bought it for full retail. (This is really discussed with every fishing partner that does not have proper crappie gear.)

You want to expose your pasty white, usually dress pant covered, non sun-screen coated, legs to the full bore of the summer sun when it is going to be 105 in the shade. The results are not my fault. I have three tubes of various sun screen strengths in the boat at all times... nuff said.

Fish: help clean em, take your half home whole, what ever, if I put a knife to em, they belong to me.

Beer and minnows, you buy. Lunch, you buy.

Gas, that's on me. I was going with or without you.

Good Stuff
01-09-2013, 09:33 PM
1) Clean shoes. Had a guy show up one morning wearing his wet grass covered shoes from where he mowed his lawn. Stained the H$!! out of my carpet.

2) Like someone else said don't wait to tell me you have to be home at a certain time on the way to the lake that is 1 1/2 hour one way.

3) the thing that makes me mad the most is stay in your seat when we are spider rigging. I can't see my rod tips if they are always dipping in and out of the water.

4) Don't ask to help me unless I ask you for help. I can unload and load this boat with my eyes closed and if you try to help you are changing my routine which could cause me to miss or forget something. Just get in the the boat when we get there and get out and stand to the side when we dock.

KDAVID1
01-09-2013, 11:32 PM
Turn off your cell phone.

My brother is constantly taking or making calls and/or texting when I take him fishing. Drives me nuts!

wouldn't work around here:)

KDAVID1
01-09-2013, 11:40 PM
Really don't have any rules except when i'm ready to take off--you better be ready-but you'll know because I'll ask. Really haven't had to set any rules because I've only had a few in my boat.

Hanr3
01-10-2013, 12:10 AM
Only rule I have is....

Bring enough beer for both of us, and it better be real beer, non of that Lite crap.
I dont have a problem drinking in the boat, Im adult enough to drink responsible.

CrappiePappy
01-10-2013, 05:31 AM
I allow "nanners" in the boat, but not alcohol. I'm not superstitious, but I do follow the law (open container law in KY).

Offers to split expenses are taken into account, and acted upon accordingly. I'm taking you along as a friend & companion, and not as a client, so I won't be tallying up at days end. It would likely cost me the same $$ to fish alone, so I'm not concerned about saving a few dollars. You're likely a good friend, if you're fishing with me, and I'm sure there'll come a time when I'll be doing something with you ... and the cost factor will even itself out, over the course of time.

My insurance covers accidents ... it does not cover acts of stupidity. Act in a stupid manner, that puts me, you, us, the boat, or others in jeopardy or harms way ... you won't be getting an invitation to fish with me, again. I reserve the right to define "acts in a stupid manner".

... cp :kewl

Cmj
01-10-2013, 08:55 AM
I dont have a problem drinking in the boat, Im adult enough to drink responsible.

This is a joke right? I think the phrase "I drink responsibly" means that you are not doing stuff like this.

beagle man
01-10-2013, 08:56 AM
when your in my boat, my number one rule is ,,,

to see you have a good time, catch fish, visit, and enjoy the day, if you want to fish an area, I will comply, if you want to try something new , I game,,,, you do not have to pay a dime, my treat, AND I AM SERIOUS.

Locator79
01-10-2013, 09:17 AM
Dang, some of you guys are a little too serious about a leisure activity.

Donald@CrappieLogic
01-10-2013, 09:24 AM
first off wannabe is ugly and well when in my boat there are no rules just a lot of thumpage:biggrin

yankee doodler
01-10-2013, 09:32 AM

Sheez, I reckon somebody violated Carl's boat...Neon???

Rees Guide
01-10-2013, 09:33 AM
When I have an open seat most anyone is welcome, at least once. No need to bring anything but if I am asked what to bring I usually tell them to pick up a pound of minners and bring their own snacks. Now when I fish with someone I get the bait and snacks if they will let me. When fishing with whomever I feel we are a team and am there to enjoy the day, I fish to catch fish and if that aint happening we got to do sumpin different or go to the house. Dont want no alcohol in the boat period.

NeonMoon
01-10-2013, 09:59 AM
Sheez, I reckon somebody violated Carl's boat...Neon???

I'll make him a garlic necklace to wear and hang some onions off his boat.

Wait, is that for 'nanners or Vampires?

Dang, I posted the "I've been bad" puppy pic.....what else do ya want? :Rofl

Crappie Buster
01-10-2013, 10:43 AM
I normally call the shots when fishing in my boat, but I am open to suggestions. When I fish with someone in their boat I let them make the calls, but I will suggest something if I feel like we are "missing the boat" so to speak. I've fished with people in the past that were dead set on fishing their stuff their way and I'm fine with that, but if it ain't working we need to try something different.

I've been accused (by my wife) that I take fishing too serious. In reality, I know I take it more serious that most, but that is the kind of person I am. Everything I do I take serious and try to be the very best I can at it. There are some days I hit the water and I'm fine with kicking back and relaxing, but most days I'm very serious. I don't get to fish everyday and I want to make the very best of every trip I am able to take. I mostly fish for fun, but to me fun is catching fish :)

If I take someone fishing on my home lake I don't ask, expect, or take a offering for half the fuel and/or bait cost. I was going to go regardless and it all comes out in the wash. If I take someone fishing on a lake that requires a lot of travel to get to, I will accept reimbursement for half the fuel. I don't ask for it, but when I travel with someone else I always offer to pay my half of the expenses.

As far as the fish we bring home, I normally let whoever fished with me have whatever they want of the mess. Normally I take people that don't get to fish often and if they want to fish for their freezer I'm fine with watching them go.

TreednNC
01-10-2013, 11:13 AM
Dang, some of you guys are a little too serious about a leisure activity.

Who said anything about leisure. I enjoy catching fish....whether its leisure or work. I do what it takes within the law, my wallet and good morals.

I don't spell out the rules, but then again, i rarely take people that don't know how to act. If I'm crappie fishing, I'd just as soon go alone or with one of three people, one in particular, that I work with as a team....otherwise leave me alone lol.

I'll take somebody catfishing though because I've got a spot and method that is constant, nonstop action and easy to do for newbies or people that don't fish much.

I don't ask for reimbursement. I might let you buy me a coke or nabs on the way to or from, but that's about it.

Fish we catch are yours, and I will clean em, unless I know you know how. Then they're just yours to deal with lol.

jimp
01-10-2013, 11:30 AM
Ain't going on record what the rules are, I'll just wait until you tick me off then I'll tell ya "I got this rule ya see"nonono

EnonEye
01-10-2013, 12:03 PM
Heck I don't care what you do let's just go fishing. Except, don't get my truck dirty and... lighten up... I'm not perfect.

Crappieday
01-10-2013, 12:14 PM
Pee in the milk jug, not all over the back of the boat!!!!

I though you said coffee mug............................................... ...

High Bridge Hooker
01-10-2013, 12:28 PM
If someone other than my wife is in the boat with me it's because they are a friend. I invited you so there is no charge. I will have food and drink [soda,water]. If you want something different bring it. We will stop for breakfast you can buy it but it is not necessary. We will fish my way but if not catching fish we will change if you wish. The main thing is to have a good day and enjoy each others company. Any fish we catch is a plus.

Kman
01-10-2013, 12:35 PM
I will take a different approach then you guys did. I will lay out the rules / warnings much like modern day packaging...this is where I will assume you are a moron and at the same time, give you no information at all about how to actually USE the product successfully...

here we go...

1. Do not stick your hand in a moving propeller...this can cause great bodily harm.
2. Never leap out of the boat while running on plane.
3. Do not gouge your eyes out with a hook.
4. Refrain from drinking the gasoline or oil.
5. Leave the plug alone.
6. Do not light anything that doesnt have tobacco in it on fire.
7. Do not insert your head into the livewell, may cause drowning.
8. Place lifejacket on UPPER body, not ankles.
9. When launching, keep trailer hooked to truck at all times.
10. Do not eat anything that came with the boat...could cause choking or death.

Hope this typical modern day owners manual helps!

Scott S
01-10-2013, 01:24 PM
When I'm hosting, just be on time and legal. When I'm the guest I effort to be good company and not a chore. A practice I try to follow all the time is to leave things better than I find them, maybe just by picking up a little trash left by others at the boat ramp.

Mrs. Crappie Stalker
01-10-2013, 01:31 PM
And don't hit the rabbit button on the Terrova when I am pouring hot coffee.:Rofl

I can't tell you how many times one of our dogs has hit that button! Paul's done it a few times too and bout knocked me out of the boat. He always says it was an "accident" but I'm not buying it.

Stymie
01-10-2013, 02:01 PM
I can't tell you how many times one of our dogs has hit that button! Paul's done it a few times too and bout knocked me out of the boat. He always says it was an "accident" but I'm not buying it.

Now that's weird, MrsStymie did this to me when I was standing on the back going. Told me it was an accident. Hmmm, gotta rethink that one.

My rule is Let's have fun.

flycaster
01-10-2013, 02:11 PM
Now that's weird, MrsStymie did this to me when I was standing on the back going. Told me it was an accident. Hmmm, gotta rethink that one.

My rule is Let's have fun.

That is a good reason to have the "coffee mug or milk jug"

Hanr3
01-11-2013, 07:29 PM
This is a joke right? I think the phrase "I drink responsibly" means that you are not doing stuff like this.

No joke. I drink in the boat. I dont get drunk, but I do drink in the boat. Not against the law around here.

Cmj
01-11-2013, 10:56 PM
No joke. I drink in the boat. I dont get drunk, but I do drink in the boat. Not against the law around here.

Ok.