Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Nighfishing??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone Nighfishing??

It's been a while since I posted last, so I'll start by saying hey to everyone. I haven't had much time to get out on the water here lately, and when I have made it out the fishing has been less than spectacular.
    I did make an early spring night trip out on Taylorsville this year. Caught a lot of small fish but very few keepers. Actually, the few times I've been on T-ville this year has produced smaller than average crappie for me. Anyone else feel this way or is it just me???
    I'm thinking of trying another night trip sometime soon. Has anybody been having any luck fishing under the lights on any lake? I'll probably go back to T-ville but would be interested in hearing about success at night anywhere.

Take care,
    Greenfish

Post Thanks / Like

Caverun have been good for me at night this year. Just find a brush pile and put out your light, sit back and enjoy. I"ve caught crappie, white bass, and some catfish using this method.

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question What area of the lake ?

Quote Originally Posted by caveman
    Caverun have been good for me at night this year. Just find a brush pile and put out your light, sit back and enjoy. I"ve caught crappie, white bass, and some catfish using this method.
    if you don't mind telling. Are you fishing over a sunken brushpile (man made) or in standing timber ? Are you back in the creeks, out on the main lake, mouth of the creek, or back up in the river ? ................ cp

Post Thanks / Like

I'm fishing the main lake over man made brushplies. The deeper the brushpile the better.

Post Thanks / Like

We have been catching a few good walleye here after dark... Or am I allowed to say that on here????

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ky-slabseeker
    We have been catching a few good walleye here after dark... Or am I allowed to say that on here????
    Man that sounds good, wish I was getting in on that action.

Take care,
    Greenfish

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up ky-slabseeker ........

Quote Originally Posted by ky-slabseeker
    Have caught some nice "eyes" on Cumberland Lake (casting cranks for Bass) ... and Green River Lake (casting Roadrunners for Crappie). Never really targeted them, just happened to present the right bait at the right time :D , I guess !!

Now .... where's "here" ?? And what were you using (bait & presentation) ?

I don't mind "other" fish being represented or talked about on this forum ... our state has some pretty diverse fishing, so it's all good :D And I'm not a Crappie "purist" ... it's my "food" fish, and favorite to fish for ... but, I'm a multi-species angler when need be (especially when the Crappie aren't cooperating :p ) ... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I fish mainly on carr creek lake.And we are getting them on cranks.Be doing pretty good after dark... If you ever get up this way give me a shout CP and I will try to put you on one or two....

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Slab. First time post here, just found the site. I'm from Eastern KY originally, Cawood to be specific. Back to the thread...... I fished yesterday and caught 3 crappie. I've never summer fished and am trying out a few techniques I read about on this site. I plan to go back out on KY Lake this evening and try again. Anyone have pointers about evening/night fishing? I have one of those green lights I hear so much about. I used it to catch several whites a few weeks ago and want to try for crappie. What's the best setup? I fish the areas on KY Lake from the 68/80 bridge in Aurora down to Blood River. Any advice will be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Epperson
    Hey Slab. First time post here, just found the site. I'm from Eastern KY originally, Cawood to be specific. Back to the thread...... I fished yesterday and caught 3 crappie. I've never summer fished and am trying out a few techniques I read about on this site. I plan to go back out on KY Lake this evening and try again. Anyone have pointers about evening/night fishing? I have one of those green lights I hear so much about. I used it to catch several whites a few weeks ago and want to try for crappie. What's the best setup? I fish the areas on KY Lake from the 68/80 bridge in Aurora down to Blood River. Any advice will be appreciated.
    Welcome to the board...You will learn alot from here!!!!! There are alot of great fisherman floating around....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast