Conditions:
    Cloudy
    Rain
    wind: NW at 5mph
    Surface Temp: 57 deg.
    Medium Minnows off the bottom
    outside temp: 50 deg
    Late evening

Finally, with some cold weather it has forced the pan fish into deeper water. I confirmed this yesterday and made the limit (25). I threw back about 10, mostly Yellow Bellies and the Crappie were between 10" and 15". Today is a brand new day and the minimum length limit is turned off till the last day of February. I would suggest you try next to the channel in the main lake at about 30 to 32' ft a couple of cranks (3 to 4ft) off the bottom. Medium minnows are my favorite bait but really doesn't seem to matter.

Good Luck
    Wild Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wild Bill......

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill
    Conditions:
    Cloudy
    Rain
    wind: NW at 5mph
    Surface Temp: 57 deg.
    Medium Minnows off the bottom
    outside temp: 50 deg
    Late evening

Finally, with some cold weather it has forced the pan fish into deeper water. I confirmed this yesterday and made the limit (25). I threw back about 10, mostly Yellow Bellies and the Crappie were between 10" and 15". Today is a brand new day and the minimum length limit is turned off till the last day of February. I would suggest you try next to the channel in the main lake at about 30 to 32' ft a couple of cranks (3 to 4ft) off the bottom. Medium minnows are my favorite bait but really doesn't seem to matter.

Good Luck
    Wild Bill

R & R is a good fishing buddy, and he will be glad to hear the crappie have finally moved to deep water. If he hasn't contacted you already, he will probably be there tomorrow or friday. He's going to be eager to get there when he hears they've moved deeper. Wish ya'll good luck on the trip.......

Post Thanks / Like

Italked to him yesterday morning. I know he will come by and eat first before he goes out