PDA

View Full Version : Calling All You Minner Heads

arrookie
01-06-2013, 07:16 PM
To all of you minner users.... If n when you can get em', how many of y'all use em' Rosey Red minners ? Do ya like em' better'n em' regular minners ? I ain't never tried em', so I ain't gotta dog in the fight. Let me know if I'm missing out on something.:dono

MEATGETTER
01-06-2013, 11:09 PM
i don't like them but once in a blue moon the fish do !!!!!

arrookie
01-07-2013, 12:32 AM
Sounds like lucky me then..... Cause I never liked fishing the blue moon anyways !!

olduckhunter
01-07-2013, 07:54 AM
fish love them and they will stay alive better and longer.

CrappiePappy
01-07-2013, 08:40 AM
I use minners, once in awhile ... but I wouldn't consider myself a "minner head" :Rofl

I've used exactly ONE Rosey Red Minnow, in my entire life ... and it died on the hook in less than 15 minutes :Doh:

If you want to know about using Rosey Reds (esp. in Arkansas) ... see Jerry Blake. He's a member, guides on Greeson Lake Arkansas, and uses Rosey Red. Check this link for info/pictures on his guide trips ...... Crappie Fishing Guide Jerry Blake And Friends - Lake Greeson Arkansas Fishing Guide Service (http://www.actionfishingtrips.com/)

... cp :kewl

DRPEPPER
01-07-2013, 09:05 AM
If I am fishing minners on one of the gin clear lakes like Greeson or Greer's, I prefer roseys. I would rather have shiners for the flash on lakes like Conway. I got outfished in the pool a while back by a guy using gold fish. So, what do I really know.
DP

T.C.
01-07-2013, 09:20 AM
Dang, yall Arkansas boys even have accents when yall type? lol, jk. Dem Rosy Reds ar Shonuff gud ta use sumtimes dough.

arrookie
01-07-2013, 10:32 AM
Dang, yall Arkansas boys even have accents when yall type? lol, jk. Dem Rosy Reds ar Shonuff gud ta use sumtimes dough.

It's only letters while you're typing.... Don't become no accent until a fellar reads it !!

skiptomylu
01-07-2013, 11:16 AM
Only fished with them one time in Ark. and they did well. Said they will live longer than regular shiners. I think they get them here just a time or two each year and I am usually not using minnows then. I only use minnows in the summer and also fish a jig under the minnow. Personally I think the minnows and smaller crappie get other fish active when the smaller crappie get after the minnows because about 80% of the time bigger fish come on the jig.

T.C.
01-07-2013, 11:23 AM
It's only letters while you're typing.... Don't become no accent until a fellar reads it !!

It was just a joke but on a serious note, another way to make them minners look tasty to fish are to put some little Arkansas Razorback stickers on em. The fish will know its an easy win and go right for em.

arrookie
01-07-2013, 12:04 PM
It was just a joke but on a serious note, another way to make them minners look tasty to fish are to put some little Arkansas Razorback stickers on em. The fish will know its an easy win and go right for em.

I've tried that with great success.... I thought it was working so good because they knew I was fishing for "Hawgs" !!

Arkansas is (13-8) against South Carolina

Average score: Arkansas 27.8 - South Carolina 20.3

Per decade
W L T
2010's 2 1 0
2000's 6 4 0
1990's 5 3 0

I have to reference overall history, because the most recent history (this season) is history I prefer to forget !!

MEATGETTER
01-07-2013, 01:10 PM
woooo pig soooooie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO HAWGS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T.C.
01-07-2013, 09:47 PM
[QUOTE=arrookie;2148452]I've tried that with great success.... I thought it was working so good because they knew I was fishing for "Hawgs" !!

Arkansas is (13-8) against South Carolina

Average score: Arkansas 27.8 - South Carolina 20.3

Per decade
W L T
2010's 2 1 0
2000's 6 4 0
1990's 5 3 0

I have to reference overall history, because the most recent history (this season) is history I prefer to forget!

Lol, yeah y'all normally whip us.

Conwayslabber
01-12-2013, 11:12 PM
I like them shinners the best. Them pink ones are ok, but it seems to me you have to be fishing them on the right day to work. As far as the life expectancy of either minnow, I haven't noticed a difference. I do alot of night fishing and there aint no bait shop open at 2 in the morning, so I put ice in the water. The colder the water, the longer they keep, for me at least.

Saludariverman
01-12-2013, 11:39 PM
Gamecocks is mericas team.

NIMROD
01-14-2013, 09:54 AM

Not a football fan but that is funny!

Smoltz
01-14-2013, 12:00 PM
I used roseys before. Did better with regular fat heads