Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi-Tek vs Cumberland Crappie Rod Holders

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hi-Tek vs Cumberland Crappie Rod Holders

I am looking at setting up my boat for spider rigging for crappie. Anyone that has experiece with one or both of these rod holders could you give me some input on which one you like and why. I'll probably end up buying one or the other just wanted some opinions of people that have used them.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have enough hi-teks to put 19 rods out of my boat. After fishing several types of holders I found these to be the toughest and most user friendly. All adjustments are made with a 1/2" wrench and they stay where you put them. You will find folks that use CC also, but these have so many pluses that I had to go with them. I can take em out in minutes and the baseplates are thin and wont trip you up.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

After haveing bought three different kinds of rod holders....and was not happy untill I finally got my hi-Teks......I can tell you the Hi-Teks are great and if I had bought them first I would have saved a lot of money.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Iuka-Pickwick Lake-Tishomingo County Mississippi
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't know much about the Cumberland but I do know that I like the Hi-Teks very much, as skeetbum said, easy to adjust and easy to remove leaving only the base plate plus the owner of Hi-Tek (Scott ) will talk to you on the phone to try and build just what you are looking for. Not downing the Cumberland just don't know much about them and unless they are lots better than the Hi-Teks, I will stay with what I have.

M

Post Thanks / Like

The last time someone asked this question, I believe it proved that there were many more Hi-Tek owners on the site. No one wants to feel like they're using anything but the best, so I'm sure you'll get the same result.

I'm a Cumberland owner and I'm pretty pleased with them. I do have the older style, and would like to try the newer ones. Cumberland has the base plate for easy removal, uses no tools to adjust your holders on the fly and can do everything I need them to do....other than pull Dipsy Divers/flasher/dodger/fly for salmon. I have used them successfully for pulling planer boards, so they're still a pretty tough build. I'm not sure about Hi-Tek, but Cumberland can design and modify their stuff to meet any special requirements that it may take to fit your particular boat and fishing style.

They're both great products.

Post Thanks / Like

cumberlands are the only way to go had them both do a lot of longlining and they are much better.the best service you can find and will make them anyway you what them for the same money no extra charge.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi-teks IMO best on the market, easy installation, removal, adjusting, and getting the rods in/out excellent for spider rigging, pulling cranks. Just Perfect IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

I choose Cumberlands. I've had each model and make there is. It's all a matter of opinion and feel.

Post Thanks / Like

it has to be hi-teks, i have tried several and these work the best, plus they are easy to remove when not needed

Post Thanks / Like

I love my Cumberland's great customer service and easy adjustments.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from a Droid.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast