Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Kansas State Parks Passport FAQs

Craig Johnson is offline Moderator "Ask The Biologist" Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Kansas State Parks Passport FAQs

Below are FAQs for the new KDWPT State Park Passport that will be available in 2013.

Name:  Park Passport FAQs 1-4-13_Page_1.jpg
Views: 2040
Size:  98.7 KB
    Name:  Park Passport FAQs 1-4-13_Page_2.jpg
Views: 1347
Size:  104.6 KB

Post Thanks / Like

bought my vehicle last week at hd what will i need to do to get the future permits at the time of my vehickle reg??

Craig Johnson is offline Moderator "Ask The Biologist" Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by springhillwantabe View Post
    bought my vehicle last week at hd what will i need to do to get the future permits at the time of my vehickle reg??
    You will just need to request the Park Passport when you renew your vehicle tags each year. Here's some additional info on the Passport process. Parks Passport / State Parks / KDWPT - KDWPT

Feel free to call the Pratt HQ at 620-672-5911 for more info or further clarification.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds very confusing why don't they sell them at the same price no matter where you buy them. I like the way the corps sells the permits you get a placard and you can use it on any vehicle. Very simple very clean not a bunch of run around when you sell your vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog40 View Post
    Sounds very confusing why don't they sell them at the same price no matter where you buy them. I like the way the corps sells the permits you get a placard and you can use it on any vehicle. Very simple very clean not a bunch of run around when you sell your vehicle.
    yeah bd40 i am still confused

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by springhillwantabe View Post
    yeah bd40 i am still confused
    About what springhillwantabe? Post a question and I'll try to get you an answer. I tried my best to answer your previous question, but I'm not sure that I accurately interpreted it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog40 View Post
    Sounds very confusing why don't they sell them at the same price no matter where you buy them...
    Blackdog40,

The Park Passport can only be purchased at the County Treasurer when you renew your vehicle tags. The price is a set $15.50. The Park Passport is valid until the vehicle registration expires. The Park Passport is NOT available through KDWPT Offices.

If you don't want to buy the Park Passport attached to your vehicle registration, then you can still go to the KDWPT Offices and buy an annual State Park Permit, likely as you have done in the past. The cost is $25 (see Sr. pricing below) no matter what time of year it is purchased. The annual State Park Permit expires December 31 each year.

Residents that are 65 or older and those with disabilities can buy the annual State Park Permit for $13.75 which is less than the cost of the Park Passport.

I hope this helps clear up your confusion.

If you have additional questions, please call your local KDWPT Office or the Pratt Office at 620-672-5911.
    Last edited by Craig Johnson; 01-15-2013 at 12:16 PM. Reason: add Sr. price for annual permit $13.75

Post Thanks / Like

So basically you can save 10 bucks if you buy the passport? So for me, my tags are not due until next September. So until then I need to have my annual 25.00 permit through KDWP?
    "My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am" -- unknown

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozark88 View Post
    So basically you can save 10 bucks if you buy the passport?
    Yes. If you do not qualify for Sr. or disabled pricing of $13.75 for the Annual State Park Permit then you would save $10 by purchasing the Park Passport ($15) instead of the non-Sr. priced Annual State Park Permit ($25).

Quote Originally Posted by Ozark88 View Post
    So for me, my tags are not due until next September. So until then I need to have my annual 25.00 permit through KDWP?
    Correct. You can apply for a prorated refund for those months in which your Annual permit and your Passport overlap. The State is not allowed to issue refunds for less than $5 so some folks may not be eligible for the prorated refund.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Johnson View Post
    About what springhillwantabe? Post a question and I'll try to get you an answer. I tried my best to answer your previous question, but I'm not sure that I accurately interpreted it.
    posts 7,8,9 answered my question prolly real clear but what i read and say are hard for people to figure out ????? thanks for your help with everything