Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappiepappy and watts bar versis barkley

Post Thanks / Like

Question Crappiepappy and watts bar versis barkley

Crappiepappy I was wondering why or what the story is. if you would share it .That you went from fishing Lake Barkley to going to WAtts Bar.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Time factor ....

There are several factors that moved me to Watts Bar - travel time to WB is 3.5hrs / to Barkley Lake is 5.5hrs - I used to fish Ky/Barkley for Crappie, but got heavy into Bass fishing many years ago and stayed closer to home. I used to fish Ky/Barkley with a fishing buddy/roommate ... we ventured off to "other" waters, and Watts Bar was one of them. We went there primarily for Smallmouth in the Fall (Oct-Nov). A few years down the road from those days and I'm fishing with "new" fishing partners. I learned about the nice Crappie at WB while fishing for Smallmouth ... so my new partners and I started going to WB in the Spring for Crappie. My Bass fishing has taken a back seat to my Crappie fishing over the last 15 or so years - and I started playing on this internet thing, found Crappie.com and wound up stopping in at Eden (it was in a part of the lake that I hadn't really explored, yet, at that time). One thing led to another and I'm fishing in Crappie tournaments and helping put them on. The rest, as they say, is history ...LOL!!
    I've got nothing against KY Lake, or Barkley Lake - they're both fine lakes. I've even ventured to Weiss Lake a few times - another fine Crappie lake. It's just that, for the most part, I can be at Watts Bar in half the time and still expect to catch quality fish ... usually the way I like to fish - casting a jig! My "local" Crappie lakes are a 1.5-2hr drive from home .... so Watts Bar has become my "road trip" lake.
    I also discovered "Blacknose" Crappie at Watts Bar ... these guys are like "crackhead crappie on steroids" -- they pull harder, go on mad dash line stripping runs, and even jump like Bass on occasion. Stick a hook in a good sized Blacknose and your ultralight equipment will get a thorough workout.
    I've also made some good friends at several of the lodging establishments on Watts Bar ... makes me feel more "at home", than just being another paying customer. ...............cp

Post Thanks / Like

I live not to far from watts bar lake, "cleveland,TN", I am very new to crappie fishing! I am a teacher and don't get to go as much as I would like. Can you put me in contact with some people who go fishing for crappie on watts bar. Finding the right people to help me out would be awesom. Thanks, Jerry
    Last edited by jwateacher3; 05-09-2004 at 12:28 PM.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Hey Teach ....

you need go no further than right here to get the scoop on Crappie fishing ... just post a question or two and sit back and wait for a response. You can also get in touch with Don York at Eden Marina - he can keep you updated on the fishing at Watts Bar. E-mail him at [email protected]

You're in good hands, in either case ........... luck2ya ........cp