Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Suggestions on where to go at Truman?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Suggestions on where to go at Truman?

Any suggestions on where to go at Truman? I promised to take my son fishing on Saturday. Itching to get out and try the new Sam Heaton I received from my MIL (yes my mother in law). I've also been tying jigs like mad so I want to try them out as well. I normally go to Bucksaw but worried if ramp will be clear.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like the lower lake is the place to be. Ramps should be clearing up by now but Bucksaw and Windsor Crossing were covered two days ago. Shawnee Bend or State Park may be better place to start.

Post Thanks / Like

Listen to J-man, if he tells you a grass hopper can pull the plow, you best be hitchin it up.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

I am planning to go Friday if all works out, I will report my findings tomorrow night.

Post Thanks / Like

Went to Bucksaw 7:30 am froze up tight, went by Windsor Crossing froze tight, went to State Park, wide open, ramp dry. Went up Tebo as far as clear creek, spent 5 hours up and back, 1 nice fish, broke down fished the bluffs by the dam, like everybody says, caught 29 in about 3 hours. Not great big, but some good eaters. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

I put in a State Park around 11:30, I thought I might of seen you fishing the bluffs, I was right below the visitor center.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    I put in a State Park around 11:30, I thought I might of seen you fishing the bluffs, I was right below the visitor center.
    well how did you do for pitysakes??

Post Thanks / Like

Not very good, caught maybe five, I don't fish down there very often. Ran up Tebo Creek and then back to the dam, should of got there earlier.