Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rigging Fishfinder Battery

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rigging Fishfinder Battery

Can't seem to locate the little battery terminal wire ends for 12volt sealed batteries. I have the battery ordered, but the dealer doesn't seem to have anything to fasted the wire to the battery. I'll be using the TorqMaster Mini 12V 4.5A. I saw a video on rigging it nicely in a small water tight box, but no mention of where to get the fasteners.

I also want a trolling motor quick connect, but all I find is a 9.95 mini koto TM connector. That seems high for a little plug. Need a inline fuse too. Any cheap sources would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

check with Hook1 (ie kayakfishinggear dot com)

Post Thanks / Like

Hey mermentau, I've got connectors to use on those batteries. You can also get them at Lowes or even Radio Shack. They have small packages. I'll see if I can get you a link.

D F

Here is the link:

Here is the link to what I'm talking about.

Male/Female Insulated Quick-Disconnects (8-Pack) : Disconnects | RadioShack.com
    Last edited by Daily fishin; 01-03-2013 at 03:59 PM. Reason: adding

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daily fishin View Post
    Hey mermentau, I've got connectors to use on those batteries. You can also get them at Lowes or even Radio Shack. They have small packages. I'll see if I can get you a link.

D F

Here is the link:

Here is the link to what I'm talking about.

Male/Female Insulated Quick-Disconnects (8-Pack) : Disconnects | RadioShack.com
    Thanks for that D F. Exactly what I was needing. Any clues on a quick connect like for trolling motor but cheaper.

Post Thanks / Like

Just use the 1/4" one like the other side, just crimp it a little before sliding it on. There's no "load" (amperage) to speak of, it'll be fine (and is how mine is).
    Apple Pie ProStaff

Post Thanks / Like

I found the smaller version of the quick dis-connects similar to TM heavy duty version at either Advance auto or similar part stores for a couple $$ if I remember
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.