Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fish Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fish Fry

I had a neighbor hood fish fry today in my back yard and had a very good turn out. We had about 40-45 people here and everyone brought a dish of whatever they wanted to bring. I put up 4 awnings and set tables under them and then used a baby pool (6inch high) and put ice in it and then put the salads and any food that needed to be kept cool. Everyone brought their own lawn chairs and we had a fantastic time. I cooked 150 fillets and only have a few left over. I had cooked 120 and we run out so cooked another 36. The weather was 99 today and no one was complaining about how hot it was so figured that they all had a great time. I plan on having another one in Sept or Oct. Everyone asked to be invited then also. This is the 3rd year that I have been having this and we seem to attract more people every year, as they find out about it. I am planning on buying a couple more of the awnings this week so we will have them for the next fish fry.
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

I used to have one every spring at our house for all the neighbors . And most times there would be 75+ here.
    Its been 2 years without one. and I had a few people ask the other day when we were having the next one.
    May have to set up one this fall and feed them again. But I cheat I feed them Catfish.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it is more the getting together than the fish fry. It helps make the neighborhood closer and people watch out for each other a little more.

Post Thanks / Like

My son came in from Ft. Campbell for the 4th and as a family we also had a great time with a fish fry. It was a great way to enjoy time before he goes back to Iraq next month.

I also had 2 big fish fry's after Rita came through here. Was not going to waste all the fish in my freezer so we had our families and some guys from the Sheriffs Dept. as well as a few EMT's from New York. The Emt's ask what is a hush puppy. LOL? However they never had fish cooked like we did. It was a great time in a bad situation! We had no power, no water, Nada! Thank God for the propane burner (for frying the fish)and Coleman stove for coffee.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

anchorpuller is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Friends and Fishfries always generate fun around here. My husband doesn't do much fishing, but he can play several instruments. We put em all together and have a blast!

"Be Ye Fishers of Men" You catch them- He will clean them

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ap

Looks Like My Kind Of Fish Fry Anchorpuller
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Sound and looks like ya having a good time. I agree with Eager Beaver, about bringing the nieghborhood closer.

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

One of the people at the fish fry was a kid just back from Iraq. He told his grandparents that he wanted to go fishing and be able to catch something decent while he is home. They asked me if I would be interested in taking him out for a day of fishing. We are going out next week and should be a very nice time with him.