Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New to me rig

Post Thanks / Like

Default New to me rig

I have a large boat, but bought this recently to hit the creeks and ponds. I am wanting to put a trolling motor on the back and operate from the front, via stick steer. I would appreciate any helpfull info on accomplishing this.
    The two best times to fish (when it's raining & when it aint). Proud member of team GitDaFeeshGrease

Post Thanks / Like

Put Sammy in back running the TM while you fish. Problem Solved
    TOO MANY IDIOTS TO FEW BULLETS

Post Thanks / Like

You don't want that! Just haul it over to Sardis and leave it next to the bus, and I'll take care of it Nice boat feesh!

They have a website in case you'd want to look at it: index.html I didn't look at it much, but plan to.

Kind of a limited number of options. You could mount a tiller TM on the front (doesn't sound like what you want), you could use stainless hardware and mount pulleys (just under the gunnels) from front to back for cable, or look into buying a steering cable (push/pull) the right length.
    Apple Pie ProStaff

Post Thanks / Like

Or you could look at the remote steering/speed controls that have for trolling motors8/10hp kicker motors on walleye boats. little black boxes on a long wire like extension cord.
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

At one time I had the same boat. I used a trolling motor up front. Made a mount (like a canoe) then used a transom mounted trolling motor that I reversed the head on. PS I also had a 5 hp on the back of it.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not gonna put an outboard on it, and i would like to keep the cost of a trolling system reasonably low. I feesh almost weekly but 90% is gonna be out of my big boat. I don't want to feel as if i have wasted money if this rig sits in my backyard for 3 months at a time.
    The two best times to fish (when it's raining & when it aint). Proud member of team GitDaFeeshGrease

Post Thanks / Like

Put the trolling motor up front with you. Just put a couple 1X6's about 8 inches long , one on right underneath the gunnel on the inside and one on the outside, just opposite it, then just clamp on with the "T" bolts that comes with the trolling motor, and it holds it all. Cost will be two little boards, 8 inches long. Can remove for on the road hauling. Leaves you with close control and money in your pocket to boot?
    Good luck, and good fishing.