Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Real Bad News Here!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Real Bad News Here!

I made a post a few days or so ago about trying to do some nighttime jiggin'. I went out about 3:30 am under a beautiful sky full of stars. Wasn't having any luck and was setting up on my third top to fish about 4:50 am when I heard a car coming down Hwy 60. I looked up towards the two lane hi-way and was watching the headlights. All of the sudden the car lost control and started sliding towards the edge of the mountain towards the lake. As it left the roadway it struck a big tree and rolled several times ejecting the driver. Almost making it all the way to the lake before resting upside down.

I called 911 and headed over there. I helped rescue look for the driver in the dense brush and large rocks. They hollared that they had found him not 30 feet from where I had came up thru the brush from the lake.

22 year old male (DOA). No seat belt in use. Same age as my son who showed up to help us look.
    Last edited by slabbandit; 07-19-2006 at 10:49 PM.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a tramatic experience. We have to wear those seat belts, if for nothing else, so they can find us easier. Poor guy. I know it was a shocking morning for you.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Was he drunk?? Sorry I didn't mean to cut off there, and sound so cold but phone rang and I hit wrong button, but reason I ask, I am a vol firefighter here in Michigan, and I see a few of them each yr! and most were drunk and stupid, couple were just because they were young & inexperienced when they had a deer run out or other animal ! and lost control.

I just was wondering what cause was ?
    Last edited by signman1; 07-17-2006 at 07:11 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you had to go through something like that bandit but you did the right thing helping out some people would have pulled anchor and left.It is a flat out trajedy when a young life is taken like that whether he was drunk or not.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

How sad to see such a horrific thing.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

now that's a bad fishing experience. it kind of puts things in perspective.
    A&R JIGS - PRO STAFF
    LIGHTWIRE HOOKS - PRO STAFF

Post Thanks / Like

State Trooper said he left the shoulder of the road and then over compensated. I found out that he was staying up here with his best friend and his family.

Also found out that he was an only child to his mom.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slabbandit
    State Trooper said he left the shoulder of the road and then over compensated. I found out that he was staying up here with his best friend and his family.

Also found out that he was an only child to his mom.
    SO he was just young and inexperienced ? That is a shame to lose someone that young like that!! My HEART goes out to the mom & family!! I have a 23 yrs old son who now is in the coast guard (tg) but when he lived at home I always kringed when the tones would go off for a accident and was always worried I would be rolleing up on my kid !!

I just dont have much of a heart for thoes ppl who drink & drive just to prove a point!! or just not responsibly !! when my boy had his 21 b/d they all came to my house and i didnt even have to ask or say word they just handed me their keys and the couple that didnt !! didnt drink !!

So I sorry if I sounded cold !!
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 07-18-2006 at 07:44 AM.