Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fish Graph Combo Recommendations

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fish Graph Combo Recommendations

I will post this to the electronics section as well but I figure as many or more read this section as that so I the additional feedback will be helpful since there is so much money at stake here:

Here's what I know. I will be going with HB products because I am already pretty familiar with them and dont want the additional learning curve. So, please only advise on HB products as I am definitely going that route.

Here's what I don't know:

I want a side scan/down scan unit at the console. As well as I want "something" at the bow. I want the two units to "talk to" each other so that I don't have to program waypoints into both. I want to mark waypoints one time and be done with it. I am not going to go with the 360 degree technology because I cant afford that. I do not currently have iPilot technology on my tm, but may possibly upgrade to that down the road. I don't even know if that factors into which df I purchase, but if it does, I don't want to have to rebuy a bow unit to later accommodate adding iPilot, so keep that in mind as well.

I know many of you all have/use these in combination with each other so I need help in "selling" me on which products are what I will be happy with.

Thanks in advance, I plan to make this purchase late February so I am throwing this out there now to get as much info as possible.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 898c si at on dash and 788ci di ( soon to be replaced with another 898c si ) on bow with ethernet cable between each unit they share way points and thats it..imo i dont get the interlink i had nothing but problems with it and ethernet cable so much easier.. what ever units you get make sure they are ethernet compatible

Post Thanks / Like

Shop around because as of last week there were sellers listing the 998 units at the same price as an 898.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Dutch.... And I'll definitely be doing some shopping once I figure out exactly what it is I am going to buy !!

Post Thanks / Like

The new elite 7 series is great price and loaded. Has down image plus gps and many other tools for $699.I'll be going two on my boat when I decide which boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goofy1 View Post
    The new elite 7 series is great price and loaded. Has down image plus gps and many other tools for $699.I'll be going two on my boat when I decide which boat.
    Just ordered one of these tonight shipped for less than 650, cant wait till it gets here Monday.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925