PDA

View Full Version : Hot, hot, hot!!!

Darryl Morris
07-16-2006, 04:51 PM
I'm sure most of us are experiencing the extremely hot climate. I'm ready for a change. The weather forecast the for this week in Arkansas is temps at or over 100 and minimal chance for rain. I read the other day that the climate conditions we are experiencing right now are following exactly the same pattern we experience in the 30's during the dust bowl.

The crappie are far and few between and we're dripping with sweat by 8:00 a.m. Every day that goes by is making October look even better. Anyway, everyone take care and drink plenty of water.

Drifty4
07-16-2006, 05:13 PM
Awww heck....... I'll trade ya for a good ol Iowa blizzard. Hot is one thing, scooping out afterward is another.:D

The weather is about the same here. We camped this weekend, the fishing was pretty slow. Hiding out in the AC now.:cool:

MAINEIAC
07-16-2006, 05:33 PM
Even hot in Maine. 85 to 90 all week. Water temp. hit 80 degrees today. Fishing is still great. Have not seen another Crappie fisherman for about a month now. Tubers etc. are a real pain. Our fish are small, 95% under a pound.

Roberta
07-16-2006, 06:02 PM
Temps here are in the 90's. HATE it. Fishing is s-l-o-w. Ready to move to Thunder Bay. - Roberta

bugman
07-16-2006, 06:22 PM
We hit 96 with the humidity and no breeze it felt like what i imagine h*ll must feel like.

crappie13
07-16-2006, 06:37 PM
gotta say...juuusssst right. Right now fishing couldn't get much better(around carlisle,ar). Went Thurs., and had my limit by 1pm. Put an umbrella on the back of yer boat seat and"get er dun!!!"All of em hanging out around the creek channel and sometimes I think I can hear em when they hit. It's hot but when you catch fish...gotta go!!
Mike

Grumpa
07-16-2006, 07:45 PM
upper 90's here most of the week, i've got an ear infection so my wife is mowing the yard as I type, it tooks years but I think I about have her trained, if she would just bring me a rum an coke when she gets done:D

Jumping Cholla Jigs
07-16-2006, 09:33 PM
Awww gheezzz stop complaining... LOL
When we launched last week at 5:30 the air temp was 113 in the shade and the water temp was 92. We caught fish untill midnight fast and furious then it just died. Oh and our monsoons are here so forget about the "dry heat" saying. Its currently 105 with 32% humidity here at 8:00 pm. The LOW on Wed night was 98... I'll take a nice cool 90 degree day right now for sure. LOL:eek:

CrappieLips
07-16-2006, 09:47 PM
Awww gheezzz stop complaining... LOL
When we launched last week at 5:30 the air temp was 113 in the shade and the water temp was 92. We caught fish untill midnight fast and furious then it just died. Oh and our monsoons are here so forget about the "dry heat" saying. Its currently 105 with 32% humidity here at 8:00 pm. The LOW on Wed night was 98... I'll take a nice cool 90 degree day right now for sure. LOL:eek:
UPDATE YOUR PROFILE J.C.J.so we'll know where your at

GRIZZ
07-16-2006, 10:41 PM
Awww heck....... I'll trade ya for a good ol Iowa blizzard. Hot is one thing, scooping out afterward is another.:D

The weather is about the same here. We camped this weekend, the fishing was pretty slow. Hiding out in the AC now.:cool:

I'm with drifty4 - all you whiners need to come dig out after 4 or 5 feet of snow fall on us off of lake erie, then you'll have something to whine about. Driving around in snow over your bumpers is kinda fun though. Just north of me between here and buffalo there are places where the snow is so deep that it covers the stop signs and people have to cut holes in the snowbanks for thier mailboxes. I'll take 90's every day over 5 months of snow and no sun anytime!

FalconSmitty
07-17-2006, 12:14 AM
We were at 99 here Sunday. Forcast calls for lwer 90s this week. I guess the heat is going to New England. catch them early of suffer in the heat. That is our choice.:( Find shade and you have found the fish. Docks are like magnets around here. Make sure to keep the water cooler full.

HEY DARRYL>>> START WRITING AGAIN<<<<< PURTY PLEASE!!!

porboy298
07-17-2006, 06:20 AM
Here in the upper TX Panhandle, the temp has be 100 or over. Just can't get
outside and fish when it is this hot. Getting old I guess but I will wait until cooler weather before doing anymore outside than I have to.
Bill

Rowdy
07-17-2006, 07:00 AM
It's 72 with a lite breeze and overcast here in Ky.

In my LIVINGROOM!
Where ill stay till Fall!!!!:cool:

Roberta
07-17-2006, 07:32 AM
>>> - all you whiners need to come dig out after 4 or 5 feet of snow fall on us off of lake erie, then you'll have something to whine about. Driving around in snow over your bumpers is kinda fun though. Just north of me between here and buffalo there are places where the snow is so deep that it covers the stop signs and people have to cut holes in the snowbanks for thier mailboxes.<<<

I can always put more clothes on to warm up, but there comes a point you just can't do anything about the heat. I guess it's fine if you have central air and you are happy to sit on the couch all day, but if you're as outdoorsy as we are, this is the pits. To add insult to injury, the local farmers have all spread the contents of their manure pits on their harvested wheat fields. What a delightful aroma that is when it's 90.

Water temp Saturday evening was 88. - Roberta

Bruce Carp
07-17-2006, 08:42 AM
partner and I caught two limits saturday from 5-9 am, then quickly got off the water, felt like we were cooked! 85 degree water temps and 100 degree air temp. fish down 9-13 feet in brush.

410MAN
07-17-2006, 08:42 AM
In North East Texas it was 100 to 103 thursday thru Sun we at the lake only get out 7 to 10 in am no fishes, put the top up on pontoon when ride aruond breeze was better water temp 88 to 90 almost to hot for a swim so we settled for a cold beer on the porch with water mister and fan on. my well has 3 ft water haul water for horses and took down fence so cows get to creek, gettin new well drilled this friday 200 ft better get good water

NIMROD
07-17-2006, 09:07 AM
I'm with drifty4 - all you whiners need to come dig out after 4 or 5 feet of snow fall on us off of lake erie, then you'll have something to whine about. Driving around in snow over your bumpers is kinda fun though. Just north of me between here and buffalo there are places where the snow is so deep that it covers the stop signs and people have to cut holes in the snowbanks for thier mailboxes. I'll take 90's every day over 5 months of snow and no sun anytime!
Don't knock it till you experience 100+ temps and high humidity!:eek: It sucks and sure hurts the fishing if you can even stand to go.:(

fisher dan
07-17-2006, 11:23 AM
Your lucky she's out mowing.. I can almost hear a slap across the back of your head now.

KCBH
07-17-2006, 11:28 AM
It's perfect weather here...uh ... between 1 and 5 am.

sd_west
07-17-2006, 03:55 PM
fish at night. during these insane 108 degree days here in okla the nighttime is only time to fish..

Cane Pole
07-17-2006, 04:00 PM
So hot here that the squirrels turned on my outside water faucet and took a cool shower...............

Meat on the Table
07-17-2006, 06:05 PM
I would trade for some of that 105 degrees and 30% humidity rather than 96 degrees and 70% humidity.

Jumping Cholla Jigs
07-17-2006, 06:38 PM
I would trade for some of that 105 degrees and 30% humidity rather than 96 degrees and 70% humidity.

Yeah, you would for as long as it took to really feel it. Then you would want to trade back. This flat SUCKS and I know the difference as I just returned from MO. Bad there, HORRIBLE here.

HurricaneJM
07-17-2006, 08:04 PM
i work on a lake, so i put up with it all day, best thing to do, is just jump off of the boat...

fish.on
07-18-2006, 07:09 AM
So hot here that we quit using sonar. We just follow the dust clouds now. Got in fish a little while till the dust was so thick you couldn't see. We had to back off then. Glad I got an Amphibious boat. Had a couple just jump right in the boat, finally figured out they were after our water. After that we ran from the fish and still caught our limit.