Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hot, hot, hot!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hot, hot, hot!!!

I'm sure most of us are experiencing the extremely hot climate. I'm ready for a change. The weather forecast the for this week in Arkansas is temps at or over 100 and minimal chance for rain. I read the other day that the climate conditions we are experiencing right now are following exactly the same pattern we experience in the 30's during the dust bowl.

The crappie are far and few between and we're dripping with sweat by 8:00 a.m. Every day that goes by is making October look even better. Anyway, everyone take care and drink plenty of water.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Awww heck....... I'll trade ya for a good ol Iowa blizzard. Hot is one thing, scooping out afterward is another.:D

The weather is about the same here. We camped this weekend, the fishing was pretty slow. Hiding out in the AC now.
    Lund Rebel XL 1625 Merc 60 4 stroke
    Yamaha T8 Lowrance HDS 5
    Minn Kota 70lb I Pilot 60"

Post Thanks / Like

Even hot in Maine. 85 to 90 all week. Water temp. hit 80 degrees today. Fishing is still great. Have not seen another Crappie fisherman for about a month now. Tubers etc. are a real pain. Our fish are small, 95% under a pound.

Post Thanks / Like

Temps here are in the 90's. HATE it. Fishing is s-l-o-w. Ready to move to Thunder Bay. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

We hit 96 with the humidity and no breeze it felt like what i imagine h*ll must feel like.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 07-17-2006 at 07:28 AM.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

gotta say...juuusssst right. Right now fishing couldn't get much better(around carlisle,ar). Went Thurs., and had my limit by 1pm. Put an umbrella on the back of yer boat seat and"get er dun!!!"All of em hanging out around the creek channel and sometimes I think I can hear em when they hit. It's hot but when you catch fish...gotta go!!
    Mike
    VICTORY IN JESUS

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

upper 90's here most of the week, i've got an ear infection so my wife is mowing the yard as I type, it tooks years but I think I about have her trained, if she would just bring me a rum an coke when she gets done:D

Post Thanks / Like

Awww gheezzz stop complaining... LOL
    When we launched last week at 5:30 the air temp was 113 in the shade and the water temp was 92. We caught fish untill midnight fast and furious then it just died. Oh and our monsoons are here so forget about the "dry heat" saying. Its currently 105 with 32% humidity here at 8:00 pm. The LOW on Wed night was 98... I'll take a nice cool 90 degree day right now for sure. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jumping Cholla Jigs
    Awww gheezzz stop complaining... LOL
    When we launched last week at 5:30 the air temp was 113 in the shade and the water temp was 92. We caught fish untill midnight fast and furious then it just died. Oh and our monsoons are here so forget about the "dry heat" saying. Its currently 105 with 32% humidity here at 8:00 pm. The LOW on Wed night was 98... I'll take a nice cool 90 degree day right now for sure. LOL
    UPDATE YOUR PROFILE J.C.J.so we'll know where your at

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drifty4
    Awww heck....... I'll trade ya for a good ol Iowa blizzard. Hot is one thing, scooping out afterward is another.:D

The weather is about the same here. We camped this weekend, the fishing was pretty slow. Hiding out in the AC now.
    I'm with drifty4 - all you whiners need to come dig out after 4 or 5 feet of snow fall on us off of lake erie, then you'll have something to whine about. Driving around in snow over your bumpers is kinda fun though. Just north of me between here and buffalo there are places where the snow is so deep that it covers the stop signs and people have to cut holes in the snowbanks for thier mailboxes. I'll take 90's every day over 5 months of snow and no sun anytime!
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 07-16-2006 at 10:44 PM.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast