Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st trip of 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Default 1st trip of 2013

Was up way to late new years eve but went fishing on new years day anyway ,head was a little fuzzy I'm out of practice at partying anymore.Cold air felt good though and the crappie were ready to ring in the new year. We got fishing about 11 ,I know late right but tide was just right then anyway and fished till 2:45 . Had a steady pick with the exception of a little recon mission that only yielded 2 small ones. Most were caught deep while just bumping trolling motor to keep the boat moving just barely. We ended up with 66 on the clicker and kept 32 good ones over 10" up to 12 1/2" most of the others were 7"to 9". Water temp. was 42 cloudy and calm wind ,which has been rare. @ 1/2" fin s and a 2" chart. beaver tail were best today on 1/16th oz. plain lead jig heads.Happy new year to everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice way to start off the year. Hope to get out this Saturday

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report, I assume you were on the Potomac.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a nice catch...i figure ill be heading out Monday to try my luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tracker01 View Post
    Nice report, I assume you were on the Potomac.
    Nanticoke would be my guess

Post Thanks / Like

Pocomoke this time been in Nanticoke too though.Heading across the bridge this sat. to bass pro I got some gift cards to use .I'll be ready to come back across after being around that crowded mall too lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tear-em-up View Post
    Pocomoke this time been in Nanticoke too though.Heading across the bridge this sat. to bass pro I got some gift cards to use .I'll be ready to come back across after being around that crowded mall too lol.
    Never fished Pocomoke for Crappie, bass only. Guy I bought one of my first alum boats from told me how he used to rip crappie up under the bridge above Snow Hill.

I went to BPS (to spend some points) last week and it was pretty calm. I went the day after Christmas, weekend could be a bit different - good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Ya gotta have low water to get under the bridge. I 'm not used to that much traffic anymore but we"ll have fun

Post Thanks / Like

well there will be no boat traffic in my area for awhile as the ole ice god has been trying to lock up all the standing water in my area and has done a good job not enough for me to get out on thats for sure but still to much to put the boat in .
    guess i'll just ahve to move down either down state or down country lol.

good job on the nice crappie catch tearem up.

stay warm and dry ,

Scott
    Life comes at you fast ... Better have a net...

Scott Beitzel----Western maryland

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job Tear. It's been a little slow for me with a few here and there. Plan on heading out in the morning.

Scott,

Keep me posted on the ice. Since last year was a bust I'm hoping to get a little hard water fishing in this season. Got some new lures to try out.

Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast