Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lowrance LMS480

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lowrance LMS480

Does anyone run this unit? What's your take? Pros/Cons?

Mainly will be using to navigate for both fishing and hunting. Thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like

My buddy has one on his skeeter. He likes it, I have used his boat and its a good graph. The one thing that he would like on it that it doesn't have is a color screen. But other then that its a good graph.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

I have one and it's great with a good chip for lake detail like the Navionics map. As crappiencali said only thing it's not color and I would love to sell mine and get the color unit so if you want to pay $100-$150 more you can get the same unit in color; I think it's the 332c.

Actually I have to send mine back for some work by Lowrance now. I upgraded the software and it is not behaving right so they said I would need to send it in. After that, think I am going to try and sell it to get the color unit.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

I have one and I have not had any problems out of it. When I fish between ridges where the gps signal is low the accuracy is around 25 to 35 feet, but it still puts me right on the condos. I hadn't figured that one out yet. Out in the open I can get ~10ft accuracy, but it puts me where I want to be no mater what the accuracy is. I know that sounds stupid, but it has been my experience. I recommend getting the electronic maps.
    LET IT RIP!

Post Thanks / Like

I have one and use it as a main depth finder with my big motor. I would recommend it. I use just a regular depth finder and a hand held Lowrance GPS when running my trolling motor. Using my trolling motor, I can really pin point my brush and do it quietly. I just didn't like driving over the area I was wanting to fish a couple of times with my big motor.

Post Thanks / Like

If you have the cash you can get two 480's and get them mapped together so you can get your waypoints in yout trolling motor graph also.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Welp, I just upgraded to the 334C. Lost a little in power 4000 to 2500 watts but got the color. Don't for see a problem as most lakes I fish are shallow and never in any water over ~50'. What do ya think? Rend is mostly less than 20 feet. Ohio river has some holes but for the most part 25-30 is normal on my end. Think the color is worth the drop in wattage?

Post Thanks / Like

I have mine on the tm. I did get condensation in it once but Lowrance had it back within a week like new. Accuracy +/- about three feet. If you can go the Extra $$$ , get the color 332 or the 334C. I don't belive the drop in power will matter as most on the market are far less than 4000.
    PieEye
    "You can't fish with a landing net in both hands, you need one hand to put something back !