PDA

View Full Version : Lowrance LMS480

3's
07-16-2006, 05:53 AM
Does anyone run this unit? What's your take? Pros/Cons?

Mainly will be using to navigate for both fishing and hunting. Thanks!!

crappiencali
07-16-2006, 10:19 AM
My buddy has one on his skeeter. He likes it, I have used his boat and its a good graph. The one thing that he would like on it that it doesn't have is a color screen. But other then that its a good graph.

skiptomylu
07-16-2006, 10:31 AM
I have one and it's great with a good chip for lake detail like the Navionics map. As crappiencali said only thing it's not color and I would love to sell mine and get the color unit so if you want to pay $100-$150 more you can get the same unit in color; I think it's the 332c.

Actually I have to send mine back for some work by Lowrance now. I upgraded the software and it is not behaving right so they said I would need to send it in. After that, think I am going to try and sell it to get the color unit.

jfraley
07-18-2006, 09:33 AM
I have one and I have not had any problems out of it. When I fish between ridges where the gps signal is low the accuracy is around 25 to 35 feet, but it still puts me right on the condos. I hadn't figured that one out yet. Out in the open I can get ~10ft accuracy, but it puts me where I want to be no mater what the accuracy is. I know that sounds stupid, but it has been my experience. I recommend getting the electronic maps.

tkpaul
07-19-2006, 09:50 AM
I have one and use it as a main depth finder with my big motor. I would recommend it. I use just a regular depth finder and a hand held Lowrance GPS when running my trolling motor. Using my trolling motor, I can really pin point my brush and do it quietly. I just didn't like driving over the area I was wanting to fish a couple of times with my big motor.

crappiencali
07-19-2006, 11:03 AM
If you have the cash you can get two 480's and get them mapped together so you can get your waypoints in yout trolling motor graph also.

3's
07-20-2006, 04:24 AM
Welp, I just upgraded to the 334C. Lost a little in power 4000 to 2500 watts but got the color. Don't for see a problem as most lakes I fish are shallow and never in any water over ~50'. What do ya think? Rend is mostly less than 20 feet. Ohio river has some holes but for the most part 25-30 is normal on my end. Think the color is worth the drop in wattage?

PieEye
07-20-2006, 05:25 AM
I have mine on the tm. I did get condensation in it once but Lowrance had it back within a week like new. Accuracy +/- about three feet. If you can go the Extra $$$ , get the color 332 or the 334C. I don't belive the drop in power will matter as most on the market are far less than 4000.