Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Has anyone ever used these tools

Post Thanks / Like

Default Has anyone ever used these tools

Has anyone ever used these tools to help them catch crappie & brim? I fish some deep clear lakes in Southern Missouri Mostly over 100+ feet deep and knowing the thermocline from june till late fall is a must. Some of these lakes never have a turn over like they do in other parts of the nation. I was wondered if one of these would help find the fish.

Temperature Plus Oxygen Meter

Compact and easy to read, this handy unit provides instant readings of the water temperature from 30ý to 90ýF and the dissolved oxygen content from 0 to 16 ppm in relation to temperature and altitude. Also measures water visibility from 0 to 100% to help choose the right lure color and even locate the thermocline. Unit comes complete with a weighted probe, 50 ft. cable, panel plate with cable storage and oxygen solubility table and a comprehensive guide book. Requires one AA battery (not included). One-year warranty

Fish Finder Thermometer/Depth Finder

Capture the depth and the incremental water temperature in less than a minute with this thermometer. Simply attach to your line and lower the unit into the water until it hits bottom. Reel the unit back in and hold the button to see the water temperature at five foot increments and the maximum depth of 100 feet. Includes temperature chart showing preferred water temperatures for most game fish. Works great in freshwater or saltwater. Can be used from a boat or shore. Large LCD digital display is easy to read. Compact and lightweight.
    Maximum depth: 100 ft.
    Dimensions: 3-1/2"L x 1-3/4"W x 1/2"D.
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Best way to use them is to catch fish and notice the depth. Then make your measurements and record them. It will take a while for you to start making sense out of things but when you start patterning your fish you will catch fish year around. They are great tools if you use them and keep records. Fish have to eat every day just like anything else. It's just a matter of knowing where, when, what, and why. Water temperature and Oxygenation have a lot to do with their patterns. We keep records of the fish we catch year around and you can bet it makes a difference.