Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: jig makers..help!?!?

Post Thanks / Like

Default jig makers..help!?!?

Looking for hair that kinda(do my best to describe)floats, and shimmers. Not quite as stiff as kiptail, and not as fine as arctic fox. Fox sticks together too much.All help appreciated :D :D :D
    Thanks, Mike
    VICTORY IN JESUS

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hope this helps

You may want to look into the synthetic hair, some of it is more supple than mariboo, and easier to tie. I used somthing that was called either polar hair or polar fleece[something on that order].Then theres craft fur, which is pretty good, more supple than kip tail, and less expensive.With the synthetics, you can also add some flash by either tinsel, or mylar.Dont tie them anymore, but these new materials really are good for jig makers.Cabelas or net craft will give you a good selection.

Post Thanks / Like

I think kyorski is right about the craft fur and polar hair or what ever they call it. I don't use hair much so don't know a lot about it.

Personally I like feathers because they undulate and move in the water all by them self. I also like the color choices more.

He also gave you a couple of good places to get the stuff you need and I would add Barlows Tackle Shop. However if you a Internet search more will turn up, but doubt they have more than the 3 we already spoke of.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

squirrel hair seems to work good for me. Barlows has them natural and dyed. the grey squirrel tails have white tips to the hairs that dye real well. good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Take a look at Jann'sNetcraft http://www.jannsnetcraft.com

I but most of my supplies from them. They have fishair, craft fur and strung fuzzy fiber as well as all the other. supplies. Prices are pretty good and service great. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks fer the help ya'll!
    Mike
    VICTORY IN JESUS