Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fish Finders?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fish Finders?

Alright boys educate me. Headed to Cabelas tomorrow to pick one up for my kayak, but I dont know much about them. Looken to keep it under $200. So any suggestions would be much appreciated.
    Seth M.

Post Thanks / Like

Lawrance Elite 4 dsi fits that budget. After playing with it on the front of the boat I'm interested on pulling the trigger for one on the kayak too. Don't know about it shooting thru the hull, but as good as this unit is at that price I'd build something to hang it over the side.

Cabela's: Lowrance® Elite-4X DSI Sonar
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats the one I kind of had my eye on. If I only knew a guy that was pretty good at rigging kayaks and would help me out if i supplied the beers
    Seth M.

Post Thanks / Like

riggin' is not hard, it does depend on the model and style of yak. Check out the yak/small boat forum and you might get some ideas to move you in the right direction. Drag the yak to E TN and I'll help ya LOL.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

good choice, next would be drfish, bob, monty,and jiggin15 in any order, then the rest of the truman guys/gals

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smcfrln View Post
    Thats the one I kind of had my eye on. If I only knew a guy that was pretty good at rigging kayaks and would help me out if i supplied the beers
    I know that guy! We also need a guy with a lake two blocks from his house so we can try options in the mounting process and test image quality.

My suggestions are: Try plumbers putty to make it shoot thru hull first. That is the easiest and most trouble free method to try first. Second is ponder options to put it outside the yak if the quality of image is degraded too much shooting thru hull. One could do this two ways, transom mount it since the FS10 has a fairly square area on the stern, or explore the "hang over" options. A single piece of flat aluminum from Lowe's bent at 90 degrees is the first image that comes to mind.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.