Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishing near lincoln

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing near lincoln

I moved from Omaha to Lincoln so I need to find new places to fish. I am unfamiliar with good places to fish in Lincoln. Does anyone have any good places they know about and would be willing to share? Thanks for any help

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the Crappie.com Nebraska!

I used to live in Lincoln for a few years, Pawnee Lake was my favorite spot, its just northwest of the airport. Bowling Lake is located next to the airport, they stock trout in there every year. North of Pawnee Lake is Branched Oak, another large lake, instead of taking the left on HWY 34, take a right towards Malcolm, NE. Oak Lake (Pond) is on the other side of Interstate 180 on the way to Memorial Stadium. Holmes Lake near the golf course at 70th and Pioneers Blvd. Wagon Train and Stagecoach are good for crappie, walleye, and bass, those are south of Lincoln on the way to Beatrice. If you take HWY 77 to Stagecoach Rd, make a left and that will take you to Stagecoach, Wagon Train is a few miles further to the east. Conestoga and Yankee Hill are southwest of Lincoln. Most of these lakes are not far from Lincoln. I lived on the northside of Lincoln, it took me 10 - 15 minutes to make it to Pawnee Lake. It took me 25 min to drive from Lincoln to Beatrice, Wagon Train and Stagecoach sit about halfway between both, so i would estimate a 10 - 15 drive for those as well.

Its unfortunate that i only knew of Pawnee Lake, sometimes i wanna move back to Lincoln, simply for the fishing. Ha!

Anyway, you can use this interactive map to search for locations where to fish in Lincoln, how to get there and what type of fish are stocked in those lakes.

Interactive Mapping Applications

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the help. I am mostly interested in Yankee hill, wagon train, and stage coach as those have seemed good from what I have been able to find. My mail targets are bluegills and crappies.

Post Thanks / Like

to CDC bmaher287. It is good to have you on board. I am from Omaha area and use to fish Branched Oaks quite a bit each year. It has some really nice Crappie in it as well as Walleye. I mainly fished it for walleye. Chris gave you a good look as to what is around the area. Most of the lakes around there have Crappie and Bluegill in them. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p