Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Spider Riggn' Rods???

Post Thanks / Like

Question Spider Riggn' Rods???

Hey folks, Wiskers here.

I do a lot of spider riggn'. I use the black widow set up & use 4-12' poles on each side. I have noticed in my drifts that my outside 2 poles produce the least. After looking at my setup I have determined that due to the angle of my rod holders, my outer 2 rods are just almost in the same tracks as the next one in (just about covering the same water). I am wanting to go to a 14' pole on the outer 2 holders to eliminate that problem.

What I need from all you fellow spider riggn' folks, is some input on the best 14' rods. What you use, glass/graphite, you know.

I'm not a big fan of the telescopic poles. I would like to stay with the break down type.

In advance. Thanks for the input.:D
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

i use the 12' 14' and 16' wally marshall titelining rods from BPS and am well satisfied with them. they'll hold an oz. weight up good and still let an 8 in. crappie pull the tip in the water. plus they got the back bone to whip that occasional 14 lb striper or 20 lb cat.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fishdoc
    i use the 12' 14' and 16' wally marshall titelining rods from BPS and am well satisfied with them. they'll hold an oz. weight up good and still let an 8 in. crappie pull the tip in the water. plus they got the back bone to whip that occasional 14 lb striper or 20 lb cat.
    Thanks for that info. In fact I have been considering that very rod. Most of my rods are B&M's and I have never used the Walley Marshall rods. I have heard some good things about them though. Right now they are on the top of my list.

Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I had the same problem , just went shorter on the inside rods or fished a different depth with the outside rods.
    The fish were bitting yesterday, The fish will bite tomorrow,,, today I must buy my fish